Effasor

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hannah_hair

Reaction score
Hi geeks can u use the effasor bleaching packets For highlights on dark hair ? Any help much appreciated :) xx

You can use effasor is foils or meche if that is what you mean, but I would only do that if lightening a few sections.

If you are doing more like a classic highlights then I would use prelightener instead for more control. Infinie platine is good for breaking though old colour and you can vary the developer if you have natural regrowth (e.g. 20 vol roots -> 30 vol ends).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thankyou very much :) ! I am only lightening little bits so it will use it . Thanx again

Hi guys thought id jump on this one! Really never had the situation where i need to use a colour remover, if im honest my clients are sometimes a little boring and dont give me the room to express myself, anyway... id love to know a little more about effassor. I am fully loreal trained.... I know you can mix it with water or peroxide. I know obviously pre lightener helps lighten the hair but also takes out previous tint aswell..... so effassor takes out previous colour and then you can bleach ontop of this? In the case of someone having tinted level 4 wanting to go to a level 6 i would probably do alot of bleach and 20 vol foils and tone accordingly then after 3 or 4 lots of foils were at our target colour.... this is the way ive been taught to lift hair with the least amount of damage. Now effassor..... is this product going to damage the hair like bleach would. Can you put it in foils or use it like a tint for full head only or bleach bath. Obvs it is a lightening product. I have searched threads and cant see the answers i need. I did do a loreal colour course 5 years ago and the salon i worked in b4 i went mobile didnt use colour remover and basically used to refuse people with black (1) hair wanting to go lighter..... ha. Booked up for a loreal course in birmingham in may but would like to know a bit more because i have a client sat who has tinted black hair with colour build up at the ends wanting a change. Her test peice with bleach and 20vol didnt budge. No lift at all. So tried 30vol and still nothing.... Not even a deep red. I want to try a test peice with effassor but feel like i need more info first.... thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi guys thought id jump on this one! Really never had the situation where i need to use a colour remover, if im honest my clients are sometimes a little boring and dont give me the room to express myself, anyway... id love to know a little more about effassor. I am fully loreal trained.... I know you can mix it with water or peroxide. I know obviously pre lightener helps lighten the hair but also takes out previous tint aswell..... so effassor takes out previous colour and then you can bleach ontop of this?

Efassor is a type of bleach so it will lighten both natural and coloured hair, but it is more effective at removing colour than normal pre-lighteners. L'Oreal recommend that if the hair is coloured darker than a level 8 or more intense than a .3 that you use efassor rather than prelightener.

In the case of someone having tinted level 4 wanting to go to a level 6 i would probably do alot of bleach and 20 vol foils and tone accordingly then after 3 or 4 lots of foils were at our target colour.... this is the way ive been taught to lift hair with the least amount of damage.

I think this is a good technique, especially since you don't know how evenly the previous colour will lighten when lifting the whole head.

Now effassor..... is this product going to damage the hair like bleach would.

You are absolutely still bleaching the hair! But if the efassor removes the colour quicker and more effectively than your normal prelightener then I would say it is a better option.

Can you put it in foils or use it like a tint for full head only or bleach bath.
You can use it in foils or meche, but you shouldn't leave it on any longer than you need to so I wouldn't use it for classic highlighting. It is generally used for full head colour corrections, but NEVER use it directly on the scalp!

Obvs it is a lightening product. I have searched threads and cant see the answers i need. I did do a loreal colour course 5 years ago and the salon i worked in b4 i went mobile didnt use colour remover and basically used to refuse people with black (1) hair wanting to go lighter..... ha. Booked up for a loreal course in birmingham in may but would like to know a bit more because i have a client sat who has tinted black hair with colour build up at the ends wanting a change. Her test peice with bleach and 20vol didnt budge. No lift at all. So tried 30vol and still nothing.... Not even a deep red. I want to try a test peice with effassor but feel like i need more info first.... thanks

For your client you could try lifting just a few pieces with efassor to break out the dark colour, by appling the efassor in foils feathering the colour up the hair, so you don't end up with 'hot roots' and hopefully a softer balayage-style result, whilst slowly lightening her roots colour each time.

I have attached my notes for Efassor in case you ever need them. Hope that helps!

Gentle Cleansing

• To remove incompatible reflects
• Previous colour applications appears dense/ heavy
• Ash or green hue to previous colour
• When previous tone is not apparent/ toner used over blonde
• Previous colour is same depth, but brighter
• Heavy semi permanent or tone on tone used previously
• To prepare the hair for deep cleansing

1 packet Effasor + 60ml Hot Water

(Keep warm with double bowl method)

1. Foam product to a mousse like consistency
2. Apply to the lengths and ends with a sponge
3. Massage from roots to tips with the palms of the hands
4. Develop until tone is removed, for a maximum of 20 mins
5. Remove with tepid water, shampoo once using a non barrier forming shampoo
A second application can be made if the hair is in good condition

Deep Cleansing

• To remove artificial depth
• When target shade is lighter than previous colour
• A deep cleanse must only be performed after an initial
gentle cleanse application

1 packet Effasor + 75ml 9 vol Richesse Developer / 20 vol / 30 vol

1. Protect natural root area with cotton wool strips
2. Take fine sections and apply neatly to coloured hair only
3. Start application at the most resistant, darkest areas
4. Develop until the desired undercoat has been achieved, up to 45 mins
5. When the desired undercoat is achieved, merge towards the root area to prevent banding
6. Rinse with tepid water and shampoo once with a non barrier forming shampoo

Rules for deep cleansing

• If after a gentle cleanse, only a small amount of reflect has been removed, proceed with a deep cleanse
• Nine times out of ten, you will use 20 vol.
• Only ever use 30 vol on short hair in good condition.
• Assess the undercoat every 10 minutes.
• Never cleanse the hair lighter than the desired result.
• If the cleansed depth is lighter than the shade required, the colour will fade quickly.
• If the hair is lightened too much the hair will need to be precoloured with Dialight.
• If the undercoat is not achieved you can reapply, but only if the condition allows.
• Always strand test black hair first to see if removal is possible.

Once again adamlea saves the day!
Lets be bff's!
Thank you again!!

Once again adamlea saves the day!
Lets be bff's!
Thank you again!!

Lmao I'd love to be bff's!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back