Eggpot at the Beauty show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaynesavage

Reaction score
saw the egg pot at the beauty show on Saturday, the lady made it seem so easy to use, but have read your recent comments and only one person seemed to have no problems - anyone any further info on easy of use? and how it compares to other systems. I am totally new to waxing, i am doing a one day course in waxing, will this be enough????? help me please.:irked:

hi

I brought an egg pot and i found it horrible to use its nothen like she said at the beauty show.

I am no master waxer but have been doing it for five years after training for a full year at college and i could not get on with it al all these are just my opinions dont know if anyone has got it and loves it!!

I personally recommend you have a look at the Hive Multi pro cartridge heaters. The ones where the cartridges slot into the front.

I have tried pots, Tube systems, Roller wax systems, nothing has compared to the Multi pro..

They are really easy to keep clean.

I love mine!

Sue x

I personally recommend you have a look at the Hive Multi pro cartridge heaters. The ones where the cartridges slot into the front.

I have tried pots, Tube systems, Roller wax systems, nothing has compared to the Multi pro..

They are really easy to keep clean.

I love mine!

Sue x

funny enough after trying all tubes/rollers myself on sunday i just brought this sytem. hope its that good for me xxx

Did think the eggpot looked a little gimmicky!! will now do some proper research!!:rolleyes:

i dont have one but my colleague at my salon has had awful problems, shes on her third eggpot now, i borrowed her wax for a client it was on the first heat setting...was still rock hard and it had been on for at least an hour! so..turned it to the second dial on the setting...burnt my wrist...eekles..its a shame could be shuc a good product!

I don't do beauty but everyone seemed to dragging one of these around at Gmex, even the students. Quite a few hit me in the shins actually:mad::lol:

Personally I think they look good and that's about it:rolleyes:You want something that heats up quick,is clean and easy to use...hence why I use the Clean and Easy system.

As for doing a one day wax course.....well,I just cannot see how all that needs to be taught can possibley be taught in one day.There is NO way you have got time to practice on all areas of the body,all types of hair growth,all the A&P and H&S aspects.So this is why I don't agree with the 1 day clourses.

This is just my opinion and I know a lot of other therapists agree with me.Everyone I know who has ever done a short course in waxing has said that they quite frankly dont feel confident,this is quite often the case with short courses because as I said earlier, the time is just not there to do enough treatments on enough areas of the body.

With NVQ training(this was at college over a year)we had to do all the areas of the body.Quite rightly to because if people look at their insurance properly unless they have covered all the areas in their training they are NOT insured to actually carry out the treatment.

Now given that the usual time for the one day waxing course (practical side) would be what, I guess 4 hours max,there is no way there is enough time for the trainer to show you how to wax a leg,then for you to go away and wax a leg yourself,then do an arm,then an under arm,an eyebrow,a lip,a chin,chest,back,bikini.....see my point???

So I think it's a total waste of money unless you want to be trained up in leg waxing and thats all.I bet there are loads and loads of therapists who have done that one day course and are happily oblivious working away thinking they are covered by their insurance.Scary thought really.

Anyway,this is just my point of view,it's up to you chuck.Good luck though in what you decide.:hug:

Well in the defense of us that have only done the 1 or 2 day courses........You do cover all areas and not only that but you dont pass the course until you have done all your case studies and portfolio and gone back for your assessment.....I actually trained with Pinks Academy.....a 1 day course where you return after your coursework to do your assessment....Pinks Academy was actually featured in Scratch mag last month (or was it this month) I am FULLY insured and confident at waxing, and have many regular clients to back this up.

And you also seem to forget on these "short" courses you get much smaller classes there were 6 of us on the waxing course, and on all my other courses there have been 2 of, so pretty much a 121.....I actually LEFT a vtct massage course to finish it privately with a BABTAC qualification, my tutor was waaaay less experienced than the lady I did the BABTAC with......

I have to say I get a bit irked with all the negativity surrounding short courses, NVQ abd VTCT are not the be all and end all!!!

(stepping off my soap box now!)

Im amazed that in the UK you can do one day courses in waxing,amssage,facials,etc,where as in France it is 2-3 years minimum.:eek:

I did mine over 2 years,waxing was 9 months in total....and then i wasnt 100% confident!!

Please invest in a longer course than one day:!:

Well in the defense of us that have only done the 1 or 2 day courses........You do cover all areas and not only that but you dont pass the course until you have done all your case studies and portfolio and gone back for your assessment.....I actually trained with Pinks Academy.....a 1 day course where you return after your coursework to do your assessment....Pinks Academy was actually featured in Scratch mag last month (or was it this month) I am FULLY insured and confident at waxing, and have many regular clients to back this up.

And you also seem to forget on these "short" courses you get much smaller classes there were 6 of us on the waxing course, and on all my other courses there have been 2 of, so pretty much a 121.....I actually LEFT a vtct massage course to finish it privately with a BABTAC qualification, my tutor was waaaay less experienced than the lady I did the BABTAC with......

I have to say I get a bit irked with all the negativity surrounding short courses, NVQ abd VTCT are not the be all and end all!!!

(stepping off my soap box now!)

If you are returning to do assessments then it's not a one day course is it really??:confused:

Most of these courses do NOT cover all areas,there is simply not the time for the trainer to show her/his students all the areas, then for the students to go away in the class and do the waxing...probably taking a long time to complete a leg wax for example(bearing in mind they are training)I had a small class as well but still this would not have allowed us to cover all the areas in one day and all the H&S & A&P,somethings got to give and I dont like compromise when it involves treatments on clients.

I do feel strongly about these one day courses,I feel not only do they rip the students off but also the clients.It takes a long time to become proficient in waxing,that's why I personlly like the NVQ system...because you have time,plenty of it to keep practicing whilst being monitered,and you do NOT pass until you do countless waxing treatments and are ready to work in the big wide world.

I personally had excellent teachers at my college,they all knew their subjects inside out and indeed some of them have written books,ie Francis Lovett and Jane Hiscock NVQ level II and III books.Compared to a 1 day course I would vote for NVQ VTCT anytime although I know some are less fortunate with their lecturers but tbh I would ask to move to another class if I didn't feel my lecturer was up to scratch not leave the college and do a short course instead.

These are just my views not everyones,I'm not trying to be nasty,Ive done a couple of short courses and didn't rate them at all compared to NVQ,not enough was covered at all,I can see it from both sides and tbh I ended up wasting a lot of money as I then had to go and redo the course properly.

Anyway....off my soapbox now as well.:green:

Courses of any kind should not be for 1 day if you've not had previous training.
OK ear piercing etc....it's not rocket science..it's pretty easy to understand.
BUT there really is a lot to learn about the industry in general and I really don't like companies that will offer courses about anything....and pass the students...who says you can do it in 1 or 2 days?
You don't pass any health and safety exam or only get to know the very basics on these courses.
There are the techs (nails) that set up a company and then fail.
There are so many that think this is the way to go...they don't grasp the need to learn and know how everything works...do a 2 day course and set yourself up eh?
How many techs fail this way?
Maybe not just nail techs but for quite a few beauty therapists as well?
I see them come and go and tbh, my heart goes out to some of them.. they COULD be great if only they knew about training and this site.
OK I'll get off my soapbox now:lol:

well alot of my courses were done on short courses, facials, lash tinting, make up, waxing oh and manicure and pedicure........In this industry EVERYTHING you learn (whatever your quaification) you need to continually update as so much changes and updates. I am not stupid enough to to do a days course and think I know everything, but nor do I think I am not as good as the VTCT?NVQ brigade......And incidentally, we did cover all areas in waxing demos and we had a go on each other......

My course instructor I did my massage course with on BABTAC actually helps wirte the VTCT course... for the college I left.

I dont think the NVQs are no good but nor do I rubbish them to others, there are many ways to do things in this life.

I am not for or against short courses - i understand the pros and cons of both short and longer courses but just a thought.......insurance companies are approving/accepting these short courses as well as NVQ/City & Guild etc and i imagine if they weren't then the short courses would not be available if no-one could get insurance after attending them.

Going back to the original topic, i have an EggPot and have had no problems whatsoever with it.

I myself have never used an eggpot- but each time I walked past their stand on Sun the poor lady who was demonstrating it seemed to be running into difficulties a lot more than any other demonstrators!

I bought an eggpot wax heater when I attended the show at the GMEX.

I looked at both the hive heater and the eggpot before i purchased the eggpot.

I am glad I purchased the eggpot and I have no problems with it.

I have also tried the hive wax pot and really disliked this. I think it is all down to personal preferance.

Hiya

I am actually in the process of trying to sell my egg pot. I could not get on with it at all. Had to have it on the hottest setting and after using the tube for a bit (bringing it in and out of the heater) the end starts to all clog up as the wax cools and is not hot enough to squeeze out.

So then you have to move onto another tube, after using all three tubes in rotation still had problems when i went back to first tube as it was hot but again end was all clogged up and couldnt squeeze it out.

I have decided I am going to buy the Phd system. It has different sized heads whereas the eggpot doesnt and you dont have to have it turned up to full wack. Egg pot takes an hour to heat and phd apparently takes 20 minutes.

:)

Latest posts

Back