Eggpot waxing -help!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbie girl

Reaction score
Hiya,

I took delivery of my eggpot waxing system which uses the tubes with a dispenser which you can replace with every client and heat up 3 tubes at a time. I used it for the first time today and really struggled!! I used to use the roller wax from salon system but had alot of wastage so I thought I would invest in this to save on any wastage and more hygenic for my clients.

I had to really squeeze the tube to get the wax out and found it wouldnt go on the skin with ease, in the end I used the spatula method because it was taking so long!:mad:

Does anyone use this eggpot system and if so any tips please? I dont fancy wasting £80 when it was supposed to save me money. I hope once I get my technique it will be fine - I hope!!:lol:

Many thanks!

Hiya

With my eggpot I have it on the highest setting and leave it to heat up for an hour before I work with it. First time I used it had the same problem, the wax wouldn't come out properly because it wasn't hot enough. I find after heating for an hour, if the tube is slightly too hot to hold I wrap a wax strip around it. Not sure if it is normal to have to wait an hour for it to heat up has anyone else had this problem? Thinking of using Lycon wax system instead!!!

Thanks for that I will have another go hope for the best, an hour is not ideal when I am mobile!! Thanks again

I have the egg pot but cant get on with the tubes. I end up using the spatula method, you can put wax pots in the egg pot too. I need to stop using wax pots but its how Ive been trained and struggle with anything else!

I think it just takes practice.
I used a mates tube system and i felt like i had to really squeeze hard to get the wax to come out.
Was glad it was just for an underarm wax!!!!
Keep trying and i'm sure you'll get the hang of it, it's supposed to be a lot quicker.
GL.

What do you mean by a lot of wastage with the salon system roller system:confused:.

Do they offer training with the eggpot ?

PHD offer training with there tube wax system and I think ABC do to.

IMO I don't see the point of buying a new system which you have not used before unless you intend to take the training or have trained with a similar system otherwise when problems like this happen you don't if its your fault or the product.

If they don't offer training then I don't buy.

Do they offer training with the eggpot ?

PHD offer training with there tube wax system and I think ABC do to.

IMO I don't see the point of buying a new system which you have not used before unless you intend to take the training or have trained with a similar system otherwise when problems like this happen you don't if its your fault or the product.

If they don't offer training then I don't buy.

No they dont offer training as far I'm aware. Fair point though!!

I had alot of wastage with salon system cause Ive only had one roller so if I had a quarter cartridge left it wouldnt be enough to do a leg wax for next client so I would have to put a full one in to heat. Beginning to think it would have been better to buy another roller!!

Thanks for replies!!

I would give the distributor a call and ask them about this as I think they should definetly offer training or at the very least have some sort of manual which has a troubleshooting section.

May seem like an obvious question but was the wax hot enough to flow easily ? I switched from PHD to the Australian Bodycare system as the wax is creme so I find it flows easier at a lower temperature.

It was on for an hour on the highest temp, I will give em a call cause the instructions I had were c**p! Good job the client who was my guinea pig was a long standing client who didnt mind! Anyone else then I would have looked a right imcompetent wally!

i currently use PHD for waxing, i have also tried australian bodycare but am thinking of getting an eggpot. i dont really know much about it though, so does anybody use it? what do you think and how does it compare to the systems im already using? xx

I got an eggpot as part of a kit supplied by a trainer. I used it for the first time a couple of days ago, it took ages to heat up even on the highest setting and the cream wax I used didn't flow very well. On that basis, I wasn't very impressed with it, the instructions were rather vague and the website given unobtainable. Apart from that, it was great! :rolleyes:

Hi to everyone, btw. I've been lurking for a while, really enjoying the site and this is my first post. :)

I have the eggpot wax heater. I bought it from the GMEX in october because it seems great for mobile use. For a while I used the pot and spatula method. I found this to be great. I then decided to buy the heat exchanger and tubes as this is more hygienic. When this arrived I had the same trouble with the. I contacted beauty express who said they would contact the manufacturer and ask them to give me a ring. Hare and Beauty called me that same day and gave me over the phone training. Here is what you need to do.

• Make sure you have it on full heat.
  • Don't put the applicator head on the tube until you are ready to use it
  • Make sure you put the egg pot lid on the egg pot whilst heating up the tubes.
  • Once the tube is ready apply the applicator to the tube and try and do as large an area as possible as if you keep brining the tube out the heater it won't have time to re-heat.
  • In between uses make sure you wipe the applicator head to avoid it clogging up
I did what I was told and have had no problems. I have a contact number for Hare and beauty - [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]01926 485179. You can also request a manual from them.

Hope this helps
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I have the eggpot wax heater. I bought it from the GMEX in october because it seems great for mobile use. For a while I used the pot and spatula method. I found this to be great. I then decided to buy the heat exchanger and tubes as this is more hygienic. When this arrived I had the same trouble with the. I contacted beauty express who said they would contact the manufacturer and ask them to give me a ring. Hare and Beauty called me that same day and gave me over the phone training. Here is what you need to do.

• Make sure you have it on full heat.
  • Don't put the applicator head on the tube until you are ready to use it
  • Make sure you put the egg pot lid on the egg pot whilst heating up the tubes.
  • Once the tube is ready apply the applicator to the tube and try and do as large an area as possible as if you keep brining the tube out the heater it won't have time to re-heat.
  • In between uses make sure you wipe the applicator head to avoid it clogging up
I did what I was told and have had no problems. I have a contact number for Hare and beauty - [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]01926 485179. You can also request a manual from them.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hope this helps [/FONT]
[/FONT]
But why do you have to phone and have all the hassle? It should tell you that on the instructions surely! TBH (which I hope means to be honest!) I'm rather suspicious of Egg Pot cos they are so different to everything else - if it ain't broke why fix it? However I am very new to this whole game so my opinion is fairly worthless! lol Lx

I had to phone because the one i bought from beauty express (not saying anything bad about beauty express as they are great) came without instructions.

Basically everyone has an opinion on eggpot. It is really down to preference. I have used (and was trained on) the general normal wax pot (i.e. the one from hive were you have to melt the wax then pour it in) but I prefer to use eggpot as it is good for mobile use. There are a lot of wax pots to choose from and if you buy one and after giving it a chance you don't like it sell it.

I was using the tube method with my egg pot and I can't get on with it at all. The tubes take a good hour to warm up and when you start even with rotating the use of three tubes they cool down too quickly and don't warm up again unless your wait - for about an hour again! Luckly I discovered this working on my family so my Mum and sister did not mind having half a leg wax (the front but not the back!)

I have brought the hive roller system from a lovely geek and can't wait to give that a go! xx

Hi
I have an eggpot and a phd j pod .
I find phd better for mob as heats up in 10 mins and you dont have to mess with temp :green:

Hi guys......
The Eggpot for me was a disaster!! I did exactly all the points and it was just awful... I never heated up enough for a nice flow of wax!! Also please all bear in mind Phd is the only official no cross contamination system due to the unique anti-backflow device int he head i.e once it touches the client it cant go back!....So any other wax systems with the tubes that use disposable heads are still not 100%....I sold mine o0n a popular auction site and just said it didnt suit me as hare and beauty are not keen on giving money back.... I think like someone else said its the distinct lack of training that is a shame with this system as its not easy if u have not used the tubes before...ps also Phd has the booster chamber which is the best thing!!Good luck xx

Hi, I know this is a little late now but for what it's worth...
I use the eggpot & am used to it now but also have a phd j pod on standby. In my experience the actual wax is awful so I use phd tea tree which I love and will, when I've run the eggpot into the ground purchase a phd unit. HTH :)

Latest posts

Back