Elavon Card Readers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taggyboy

Reaction score
I have searched threads and read a fair few of them but wanted some up to date information if possible please?

I currently use cardsave/streamline for my pdq machine. The contract shortly runs out and it's time to look at costs. I have received a quote from Elavon who have knocked spots of my previous provider, and they originally did a good deal. Anyway I waffe!

Elavon have quoted £15.00 for a fixed terminal, £19.00 portable

Personal credit card rate of 1.54%
Business credit card rate of 1.98% (although never get any of these)
all debit card rates of 22p

They claim there are no extra charges a month, all you pay is the terminal rental and the transactions you put through the terminal.

Having received a few other quotes, the other companies are telling me that there is always a minimum monthly charge of between £25-£30. This depends on how much you actually put through the reader. Elavon say they don't do this. I haven't got all the small print through yet

BUT, my question is

does this sound to good to be true and is anyone else using this merchant supplier who can offer some advice?

ive been with elavon / rms for last 4 years or so - will pm you xx

I have searched threads and read a fair few of them but wanted some up to date information if possible please?

I currently use cardsave/streamline for my pdq machine. The contract shortly runs out and it's time to look at costs. I have received a quote from Elavon who have knocked spots of my previous provider, and they originally did a good deal. Anyway I waffe!

Elavon have quoted £15.00 for a fixed terminal, £19.00 portable

Personal credit card rate of 1.54%
Business credit card rate of 1.98% (although never get any of these)
all debit card rates of 22p

They claim there are no extra charges a month, all you pay is the terminal rental and the transactions you put through the terminal.

Having received a few other quotes, the other companies are telling me that there is always a minimum monthly charge of between £25-£30. This depends on how much you actually put through the reader. Elavon say they don't do this. I haven't got all the small print through yet

BUT, my question is

does this sound to good to be true and is anyone else using this merchant supplier who can offer some advice?

I dont have any personal experience with Elavon, however I know someone who has and she does craft fairs, like myself, and she was forever having connection problems. If you are in a fixed place with good signal then this may not be a consideration for you.

I am with 123-send/streamline through the FSB and touchwood, I have never had any connection issues.

Karren would you be able to pm me too? I am with elevon but through rms just wondeibg if it will work out cheaper just going through elevon x

im with elavon through RMS too babe x

Karren would you be able to pm me too? I am with elevon but through rms just wondeibg if it will work out cheaper just going through elevon x

Thank you for your help. They seem very competitive so think will move to elavon once other contract ends. Only problem they want two year contract and I hate being tied in

Sent from my HTC Desire

Hi, I changed from Streamline to Elavon over a year ago now, they have worked out really well for me and alot more reasonable with the costs. the only one thing i found was payment may take a day or so longer to clear your account than streamline, usually 3 working days. I dont have a moblie terminal and have had no probs with the mains one. Good Luck x

my payments were 3 days to reach account, last month or so without any notification they are in my bank account next day which is fantastic !

kx

Hi, I changed from Streamline to Elavon over a year ago now, they have worked out really well for me and alot more reasonable with the costs. the only one thing i found was payment may take a day or so longer to clear your account than streamline, usually 3 working days. I dont have a moblie terminal and have had no probs with the mains one. Good Luck x

I'm thinking of getting a card machine in now as well. I'm needing s mobile terminal as I don't have a phone line in at the salon x

I asked them about the amount of time it takes to reach my account compared to streamline and they said if my the business and the paying client are both with the same bank it will clear quicker???? not sure how true this is? the next day is great hope it carries on for you xx

Latest posts

Back