Electric Blanket

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SimplyRed

Reaction score
Hello everyone
With the weather turning chilly i was wondering if any one has put an electric blanket on their couch for clients when doing body massage and do you think it would be safe.
Thanks

Hi there

I do it each winter and it is perfectly safe. I also use heated wheat bags to warm up specific areas of the body.

I got my electric blankets from Currys & Argos and from memory they were around £12 and a perfect fit for a massage bed.

Claire

We use electric blankets all year round when necessary. You can buy expensive ones from Beauty Express or Ellisons etc. but we just use regular ones from Argos, which I'm sure are fine. As with all your electrical equipment they need to be PAT tested every year or just buy new ones, they're quite cheap!

We use them all year round and this time of year customers love it and always comment. Def a great idea x

I always use them during treatments, except for pregnant clients where I heat the bed before hand and then turn it off as there is some question over the electromagnetic field in pregnancy.:hug:

This sounds a good idea for mobile too as i have noticed my kit is quite chilly in the car, does anyone use these for mobile clients and how practical are they? Thanks

I use it all the time. I got my electric blanket from Argos.

Hello everyone
With the weather turning chilly i was wondering if any one has put an electric blanket on their couch for clients when doing body massage and do you think it would be safe.
Thanks
Its a nice bit of luxury for the massage when the towels and the bed is warm...
I bought a massage table with a heated top, which is great and clients love it..
Thanks Jack
portable Massage couches, Massage couches

My clients love the heated underblanket. A bit too much infact; try getting them off the couch...

I was a bit too apprehensive of using a domestic product in a commercial environment but SalonServe do one for around £35 which is a steal as most professional ones cost a fortune. Had mine about 3 yrs now and still going strong. One of my best buys ever!

This sounds a good idea for mobile too as i have noticed my kit is quite chilly in the car, does anyone use these for mobile clients and how practical are they? Thanks

This works really well as some clients have their treatments in downstairs rooms that tend to be cooler. It is no hassle really, just like carrying an extra blanket and the cord is usually long so easy to reach a plug. :hug:

Thanks guys will definately get one from Argos

Hi everyone
I recently bought an electric blanket for my couch for massages etc keep clients toasty warm.It was a cheapish one from a hardware store but i couldnt really see what differance an expensive one specific for beauty would do.
I was so pleased until i tried i tried to do my first treatment and im getting mini shocks from it but clients dont feel it.Its like a buzzing in my hands mainly when i make initial contact.
Needless to say i havent used it since.I used to work with these blankets (expensive) in a spa and never had this problem.Im wondering if its because its on a metal elactric couch.i cant work it out.
Has anyone else had this or got any ideas?
Many thanks
:eek:

Latest posts

Back