Electric drills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Gadget

Geeky Princess
Reaction score
Does anyone use one of these when doing a maintenance? :?

I own an electric file... I bought it thinking I would use it lots more than I do. I purchased it to use on rebalances but I've found it gets way to hot... it was *adding* time to my service because I had to go so slow and gentle to stop the heat!

I only use it now with a chamois buffer to buff acrylics to a high shine.

I agree with Michelle, I bought mine thinking it would save me loads of time, but I am absolutely terrified of burning :( the client so I dont use it all that much. I have had training but I still havent got the confidence to do backfills. It cost me £245.00, wished I had put the cash towards an airbrush system instead :!: :p

I have Erica MT20, I paid $800, it is a very good machine, but like anything else, you have to learn to use it properly. I took AEFM class.
I use it to remove the gel for backfills (90% of my business), I really didn't buy it to save me time, but for my hands. I find that I'm not as tired when I use it now. It does save some time though.
The only thing I don't like is that it kicks up a lot of very fine dust...so you need some kind of dust extractor like WTAC (www.wtac.com).
But overall I'm very pleased with it.

PS. I hand filed for 7 years, bought the drill about 1 year ago....

I also use an electric file. It is a life saver on fills. I hand filled for 3 years until my hand, arm and shoulder ached at the end of the day. :( I do recommend an AEFM class to understand the different bits and techniques. I think electric files are safe in the hands of a trained professional. :D

Definately want to get one of these tomorrow at the show, but of course I will go on a course to learn how to use it, have already enquired about a course it's just when they are available to attend :shock:

We currently use one in the salon to clean the back of the nails but would like to use it more ie on the filing part of our job, so that I can get my time down on a maintenance as it takes me longer to do a maintenance than it does on a full set.

Thanks for all your help and I will let you all know how I get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back