Electric files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lolly_lewis

Reaction score
hi everyone
i was thinking about buying this electric file

its a kupa mani pro.

i wanted to use it for my nsi gel nails.

what does everyone think or recommend another?

Last edited:
I would recommend buying through a reputable, proffesional company. Then you will know what your getting, for all anyone knows this may be a 'kuppa mani pro' knocked out of a child laboured sweat shop in another country (well it at least says its from china). It could be unsafe as well as illegal... dont do it!

If you buy legitimately in this country, it will cost a little more then that initially but it will come with training and a guarantee its what it says it is.
Buy cheap, buy twice (or maybe lots more!).

Kupa is fantastic only from authorised distributor along with training that you really need before using efile on clients. And servicing of the efile.

You shouldn't mention EBay on professional nail forum.

Nail designer with a twist;)

Ebay is GREAT for things like decals, glitter, fimo, etc etc..

BUT NOT for electric tools or things like gel/acrylic/shellac.

If you had a problem with the tool, you'd be up the creek.
Much better to get your efile locally so that if there IS a problem; you don't have the expensive challenge of shipping it back for repairs or replacement (and THEN the additional problem of the 'wait' while it was being shipped to and from).

Stay as local as you can for your efile. In the long run, saves you aggravation and money.
TRUST ME... I learned my lesson on THAT score!

Think twice about buying from ebay....
Look for a reputable company that will offer training, warranty, repairs and servicing!
Should you drop your handpiece and have the bit break off the shank you will need to have it removed correctly and returned to you a.s.a.p
We receive loads of handpieces that have been dropped on the floor and it isn't something that can be fixed by your handyman either.
It requires a special copper tool to first open up the spindle without the causing any damage.
If the handpiece is taken apart there are lots of tiny springs, bearings etc and should these be put back in the wrong order then it will break the spindle once it's turned on and powered up.
The spindle is a costly replacement

I would say, don't do it.

You can buy a genuine KUPA drill with a class, with a warranty, with a service centre that does a quick turn around and know that it is the genuine item from Sweet Squared. 08452106060. It just does not pay to "go round the houses" to try to get something cheap. Save the little extra you might need and get the whole deal and the real deal. :hug:

Sorry I'm about to go slightly off subject but I did a nail course from home gel and acrylic and when I asked if I am able to use a drill it was a massive no no! The reason I wanted to opt for the drill is I have been very ill and small things can send my body into spiral so wanted something to help my arms with the blending in process - would this be possible with the e file you have been speaking about? Thanks :)

Sorry I'm about to go slightly off subject but I did a nail course from home gel and acrylic and when I asked if I am able to use a drill it was a massive no no! The reason I wanted to opt for the drill is I have been very ill and small things can send my body into spiral so wanted something to help my arms with the blending in process - would this be possible with the e file you have been speaking about? Thanks :)

An electric file is a legitimate tool in the nail profession. As long as the correct training is undertaken it is perfectly safe to use.

Generally people who revile the use of the e file are either uneducated or not up to date in the developments in the e file industry.

You mostly hear that sort of nonsense from companies who do not sell electric files.

Many technicians benefit greatly from their use in terms of wear and tear on their own bodies.

Thanks for the info angel fingers :) do you have any advice on what e file to buy? It's difficult as some I have seen some people saying ones for around £300 and I'm sure they are a brilliant investment but I just cannot afford to buy one that expensive :-( x

Absolutely Angel Fingers!
And how times have changed....over the years I have seen companies 'poo poo' DRILLS! EFILES and ELECTRIC NAIL FILES...

Hahhaaa.....Looking back now over many threads on this very website - (going back to some threads in 2006! ) I can see that people have now changed their views and this can only be down to correct and accurate tuition and education!

Young Nails and Distinctive Nail Products, here in the UK have been using, selling, training, educating and repairing efiles for the last 10+ years.
(My husband, Steve Dodd has been using one since 1997 BTW)
we have trained 100's of nail technicians and we have sold ten times as many. It is one of the many great things we offer.....it is the best, the most experienced and one of the most important things we do!

We at Young Nails UK are great ambassadors for the DRILL, EFILE, ELECTRIC NAIL FILE, whatever you choose to call it and we're proud of that and we do of course, only sell the very best .... with free training and free bits included...of course :biggrin:
Young Nails - Throughout England and the UK - MT 20 Erica Electric Nail File

Lisa x

Thanks for the info angel fingers :) do you have any advice on what e file to buy? It's difficult as some I have seen some people saying ones for around £300 and I'm sure they are a brilliant investment but I just cannot afford to buy one that expensive :-( x

I'm afraid that a good long lasting file does cost a lot of money. Unfortunately if you want one that's easy to use and will be durable for years to come, that's the kind of cash you will need to come up with.

I've done a lot of research in the hope of finding a much less expensive option for my students but I really haven't found anything that comes anywhere near the required standard.

Latest posts

Back