Electric Files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info. So how long does a re-balance/infill take you now with your e-file? If by hand it takes about 1 hour start to finish does it mean you can do a full re-balance in 30 mins?

Hi. I absolutely swear you need to contact Steven at 'Distinctive Nails'/Young Nails in St Annes, Lancs ( I think they train all over the country) He sells and trains in e files and its the best move I ever made! They are not scary AT ALL and you'll wonder how you ever coped without one. Here's his number...01253789729. Good luck! from Julie@TheNailLounge X:smack:

I spoke to Tracey, the Young Nails Scottish educator the other day about e file training, I'm sure she's on here, but I don't know her user name,

Thanks for the info. So how long does a re-balance/infill take you now with your e-file? If by hand it takes about 1 hour start to finish does it mean you can do a full re-balance in 30 mins?

I don't know about Classy Claws ......but it used to take me about an 1 1/2 hrs to do a rebalance ... without the e-file ......IF I was hurrying before......now when I do a rebalance on long nails 1/2 inch.......it takes me about an hour.......shorter nails about 45 min.....

I spoke to Tracey, the Young Nails Scottish educator the other day about e file training, I'm sure she's on here, but I don't know her user name,
Traceys username is sparklybits,pm her shes absolutely fab:hug:

I don't know about Classy Claws ......but it used to take me about an 1 1/2 hrs to do a rebalance ... without the e-file ......IF I was hurrying before......now when I do a rebalance on long nails 1/2 inch.......it takes me about an hour.......shorter nails about 45 min.....

It was taking me almost 2 hours for a R/B but i put that down to my nerve damage in my hands which meant if I tried to speed the process up I got nasty pain in my hands so had to take it slow... E-files where frowned upon by the Ambassador who trained me but I took a course outside of my Enhancement training regardless as I knew if I had to keep filing that much by hand I would have to eventually give up being a nail tech and I wasn't about to do that!.. Long nails 1 hour tops.. shortys about 45-50 mins

Wow, that is a huge difference! I started a thread last week called 're-balance...the economics' because I have been pondering how anyone makes any cash doing re-balances - they take sooo long and cost hardly anything for the client. I didnt get much response to that thread so I sort of presumed everyone just accepted the finances behind it!!!:eek:

Will use the contacts you've given me - thank you to all for this info. I cannot imagine they are dangerous etc if used sensibly and correctly and if they mean that you CAN actually make a profit on a re-balance then I am all for them:)

i think its amazing that you can do a rebalance by hand in only one hour as you only have 6 manths experience.
you must already be a very good technician.

Hi ya Ladies and gents

That will be me then (Tracey)

And yes they can be scary if not used correctly (I love my e-file saves me a lot of time and not so painful on the old back injury)
:hug:

Wow, that is a huge difference! I started a thread last week called 're-balance...the economics' because I have been pondering how anyone makes any cash doing re-balances - they take sooo long and cost hardly anything for the client. I didnt get much response to that thread so I sort of presumed everyone just accepted the finances behind it!!!:eek:

Hmmm havent found that thread ... but to be perfectly honest... theres no money found in rebalance.. hence my price between a new full set and a rebalance is only $10 diff... (R/B being the one $10 cheaper)

i think its amazing that you can do a rebalance by hand in only one hour as you only have 6 manths experience.
you must already be a very good technician.

I cant do it in an hour!!!!! 1.5 hours minimum and thats on tips. If I rebalance a set of my sculpts its 2 hours easily. I think this industry in general needs to look at the economics of a rebalance because even if I took 1 hour there would still be hardly any money in it. I think the cost of a rebalance ie. £20 pays for about 40 mins of a techs time, therefore if we are taking longer than that (which most of us are) I think we are looking at either skipping vital steps or not making any money!!!!!

What I am begining to come round to the idea that the e-file can help you to cut down time on the biggest problem - the filing. However can you e-file on lifting areas of acrylic in zone 3 especially - I take it you cant use an e-file anywhere near the natural nail? I think most of my re-balance time is filing in this area so would an e-file help with that?

i missunderstood, i thought you were saying you could do it in an hour by hand.

you meant in an ideal world !

i dont understand why it takes you longer to r/b sculpts than it does tips :confused:

once you are more experienced and have really perfected prep and application, you will have very little lifting in zone 3. so things will get easier for you. really concentrate on your prep as it is much easier to prevent lifting than to remove it.

i think you are right about costings, most of us are not earning anywhere near £30 an hour. its nice to get a day when we are doing a couple of full sets and not just rebalances to bring us back up to a better average cost.

i dont understand why it takes you longer to r/b sculpts than it does tips :confused:

once you are more experienced and have really perfected prep and application, you will have very little lifting in zone 3. so things will get easier for you. really concentrate on your prep as it is much easier to prevent lifting than to remove it.

i think you are right about costings, most of us are not earning anywhere near £30 an hour. its nice to get a day when we are doing a couple of full sets and not just rebalances to bring us back up to a better average cost.

I am sure its my application that is causing the lift in zone 3, I'm pretty comfortable that my prep is good. I've just changed from Creative to Ezflow so I'm hoping the extra working time you get will allow me to use a dryer bead in zone 3 but still have the time I need to move it around..........anyway sorry I digress.

Yes, am hoping an e-file geek can let me know if they use the e-file in zone 3? Also does anyone know of any good video clips I can watch of quality e-file process?
thanks
x

I know that many people will e-file zone 3, just slowly and carefully and it will be smooth like butter! http://www.kupainc.com/resources/video/ and then if you watch a backfill drill demo,Vicki Peters shows using an e-file. Very nice video. Also, youngnails.com, under education, has video tutorials using e-files. Hope these videos work for you!!

You 'can' file zone 3 but ever so carefully, and I always switch to a smooth/fine band to do it, and its literally one to two strokes before I get a manual abrasive and probably 15 seconds of work with that to blend it down to the natural nail (I don't normally see lifting on my own work - bar my sisters nails shes a pain in the caboose)

Latest posts

Back