Electric Files

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alibali

Reaction score
Hi There, Im Looking For Info/advice On Using Efiles. They Always Seemed A Bit Scarey To Me, But Having Had My Ext4nsions Done, Using An Efile, Im Really Impressed With The Speed And Great Result. As I Said, Im Looking For Any Recommendations On Files And Cources And Of Course, Thoughts.

I see from your profile that you use NSI...I am sure that They actually run an E-file training course at Hillington.. Maybe you should contact your trainer for details. HTH

Hi There, Im Looking For Info/advice On Using Efiles. They Always Seemed A Bit Scarey To Me, But Having Had My Ext4nsions Done, Using An Efile, Im Really Impressed With The Speed And Great Result. As I Said, Im Looking For Any Recommendations On Files And Cources And Of Course, Thoughts.

I personally have never tried using them. I'd be terrified!!!! I've seen the kind of damage you can do just with an abrasive!!! :eek:

What do you want to use it for? If you don't mind me asking...

NSI do do the course and it is one that i would consider, but its always better to have to have new things recommended by you guys.
The main reason that i am considering the efile is due to time and rsi.

NSI do do the course and it is one that i would consider, but its always better to have to have new things recommended by you guys.
Hi alibali, if you do a search, I'm sure you will finds loads of useful information there re efiles. A few of these threads have been posted recently and there are quite a few older ones as well. HTH. xx

Thanks Tracey, i'm having a look just now:)

Aaah... I see! :green:

I think I'm beginning to get muscles like Popeye from all the filing that I do. I know that it's just how badly I've been putting on the product!!! :smack: I'm pretty useless at the moment. :irked:

I suffer from an RSI....Golfers elbow, had surgery and everything. This was before I got into nails.
It has never affected me since I started doing nails....I know all about pain management now anyway.
Once you have mastered application, there really should be a minimum of filing.
That is what I aimed for, and because of that I have never felt the need for en e-file.

Also it worried me that the vibrations from the e-file could actually affect my golfers elbow more than a manual file would.

Just a few things for you to mull over. ...it is a lot of money to spend, when working on your application skills could be all you need. HTH

I use an E-file as well as ordinary files!! Does come in handy at times!! I trained with NSI & the course was fab & well worth the money!!! HTH :)

I dont have a problem with the application of my products, though thanks for your concern. As I said, its mainly due to time and rsi.

I use an e-file mainly to shorten the lengh and for french infills and sometimes to thin out the product a little other than that I use my normal files. They use a lot in those nail parlours at the shopping centres and I've seen the damage it can do if not used correclty.

hi pola, yes i do agree, they can cause a load of damage, though i do feel 'dont knock it till youve tried it', so thats what im going to do, though still researching which drill and company to train with. Which one do you use and who did you train with, if you dont mind me askin?

hi pola, yes i do agree, they can cause a load of damage, though i do feel 'dont knock it till youve tried it', so thats what im going to do, though still researching which drill and company to train with. Which one do you use and who did you train with, if you dont mind me askin?

Agreed I don't have anything against them. My drill is a JD300 I got it from e-bay about 1 1/2 year ago and its pretty good I can't complain. As for training it was included in my nails course so the same lady tought me everything I know. I must admit I was terrified the first time she made me use it my hand was shaking so much and the first few times I used on my own too but i'm better now like they say practice makes perfection.
Hopes this helps

Hiya

I'm off to london olympia set..that's exact what i'm looking for
i'll keep you posted
If you do get your hands on a good one mail me with details:hug:

Jenx

I personally have never tried using them. I'd be terrified!!!! I've seen the kind of damage you can do just with an abrasive!!! :eek:

What do you want to use it for? If you don't mind me asking...

Hi all

E-files are safe if used correctly its like everything you need the proper training.

I for 1 would not be parted from mine now due to a back injury that flares up.

I Know training is available in Glasgow/Edinburgh with both Young Nails and NSI

Hope this helps
Tracey:hug:

i trained with NSI 3 years ago to use an Electric file. they are fab for rebalancing and shortening the enhancement length and shortens the time i have to spend with my clients. With proper training they are brillant. Unfortunately there are a lot of nail bars that use them incorrectly AND ON THE NATURAL NAIL!!! that is a definate no no and these places give them a very bad reputation. Id definately recomend NSI, i travelled from bristol to manchester for my nearest course, but it was well worth the journey for the knowledge i gained.
Sarah
xx

I trained for the E-file with NSI and bought my E-file from them too. I love it!
If used correctly, they are perfectly safe and a great tool.

Sam xx

Its an interesting thought - how much time does it save using an e-file on a re-balance for example?

Its an interesting thought - how much time does it save using an e-file on a re-balance for example?

How much time? heaps!.. it used to take me nearly an hour to file down by hand for a rebalance - I do have nerve damage in both my hands thou so it made it slow, boring work - I only use the e-file to debulk the apex, and smooth off zone one.. I still shorten the length and blend to the nail plate by hand. it cuts off 30-40 mins from what it used to take me... and I have a tiny file.. no foot peddle.. nothing fancy, just one of the hand held ones with an adapter cord.. cost me $50 best investment EVER.

How much time? heaps!.. it used to take me nearly an hour to file down by hand for a rebalance - I do have nerve damage in both my hands thou so it made it slow, boring work - I only use the e-file to debulk the apex, and smooth off zone one.. I still shorten the length and blend to the nail plate by hand. it cuts off 30-40 mins from what it used to take me... .

This is exactly the way I use my e-file........every time I use it I think...."thanks little buddy" saves me a heap of time.......it was well worth my investment.....(I have a kupa mani pro)

Latest posts

Back