Electric mittens

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trudi

Reaction score
Hi does anyone from the uk buy there nail stuff from the usa?
as i have been looking at a few web sites and its so much cheaper to buy over there then here!I have been looking to buy some electric mittens and booties as they are only $19.97 for booties which in the ellisons book they are £48.50 what a rip off! as you have got to put vat on top of that as well yet.
Anyway the only thing is if you buy from the usa is there electric is different than ours but can you change the plug end to fit ours?Thanks

Yes it's a completely different voltage system to what we have here. 110 as opposed to 220 (or the other way round, can never remember). So if you did buy something electrical from the US you would either a) have to buy the correct voltage and that (if you can even get it) is always more expensive, or b) purchase a transformer which are very costly. Add shipping charges on top of that which are also expensive you could end up paying several times more than the cost of the one's you've seen for sale here.
You also have to take into consideration that if anything went wrong with mitts you couldn't just return tham for an exchange or refund.

wouldn't even go there...! ditto everything jane has said.

Trudi I got my heated mitts & booties from Salon Supplies of Crewe, £23 + VAT & delivery per pair. I've used "branded" ones in training & these don't seem any different at all except that they simply have the Skin Mates brand & use guidelines printed on them.
I could not see the point in paying nearly twice as much just to have a fancy nail company logo on mine. :rolleyes:

http://www.salonlines.com/stock.php?CatID=2&SubID=18

HTH :)

Aston and Fincher stock them at approx £25, if you have one near you.

What US sites do you use to buy from? I'm more interested in the non electrical things though.

HandyAndy said:
What US sites do you use to buy from? I'm more interested in the non electrical things though.
hi there
obviously i don't know what products you were perhaps considering buying from the US (if you even are at all) but please consider the hazardous materials which would be sent via air...there have been so many threads on this subject before and i think, it is pretty much agreed, that it is illegal and dangerous to have harzardous products sent from overseas and obviously irresponsible....don't go there!

Don't forget that customs sometimes (it can be quite unpredictable) slap on an import tax on things.

Points taken! Unlikely I'd ever have got around to it but just interested really.

I've just been given some electric mittens and booties - can someone please tell me the best way of using these? Thanks x

www.premiernailsource.com this is where i have been looking at the nail stuff from america its so much cheaper than here! and here is another one www.eznails.com and as for buying from america i went on e.bay and got 50 bottles of mini nail varnish by creative and only paid £27 which i think is a bargain! if got from uk would cost maybe double if not more! also just had orly and opi nail varnish from america no problems with any of it so i would buy from there again and i have never had tax put on anythink.Just ordered my kids fox clothes from e.bay brand new half the price what we pay here my kids are into scrambling so they like the fox clothes.Thanks

That sounds like a huge saving. How long does it take to arrive?

Hi handyandy from e.bay my nail varnish only took about 5/6 days to arrive i had 24 bottles of opi and orly from e.bay from america big bottles brand new only cost me £30 if you look at ellisons the orly nail varnish is £3.45 and you have got to put vat on top of that and postage!!

We buy most of our products from the usa and please believe me, im not tyring to put anyone off but its a nightmare. Since the 9/11 tragedy, we have to bring nail polish in on wooden crates, the postage bill has jumped, the handling charges from customs are appaling! So much so that we are selling our nubar and moodies as we cant afford to keep getting them.

I do buy from 10 companies, things like marble tools, combi drills, glitter dust, nail wipes, so if anyone does want anything, i may be able to put it in with my order. Just PM me if i can help.

Latest posts

Back