Electric nail file

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x.x.kelly

Nailjunkie
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering what's everyone's thoughts on electrical files I seen a few courses on them and just wondered as all I've heard is bad about them :/ xx

I personally don't like them, nor would I use one. Seen too many bad nails from a ness use off them

I think e-files are a great tool in the industry if they are used correctly. Training is essential with them I my opinion. Like many products and tools, bad techs can ruin the reputation of them.

I would defo say you had to have training I was just intrigued as I came upon these courses and thought they were really bad so was surprised x

I use an e-file, and it's been a time and arm saver. Education on the proper use is a must. I do not use it on the natural nail. I debulk and thin the enhancement then go over the cuticle area with a hand file if necessary. I can do a fill in 45 minutes using an e-File vs 75 minutes hand filing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek mobile app

I love my drill It is a marvellous time saver when needing to remove lots of product quickly ... Say for doing a French re-balance.

Drills should not be used on the natural nail plate and good training is essential to master the safe and gentle use of this very effective tool.

Ordinary hand files in unskilled hands cause just as much damage as a drill can cause when used for the wrong purpose. Use it correctly and with precision and a gentle touch and a drill will be your best best friend in the salon.

I love my drill It is a marvellous time saver when needing to remove lots of product quickly ... Say for doing a French re-balance.

Drills should not be used on the natural nail plate and good training is essential to master the safe and gentle use of this very effective tool.

Ordinary hand files in unskilled hands cause just as much damage as a drill can cause when used for the wrong purpose. Use it correctly and with precision and a gentle touch and a drill will be your best best friend in the salon.

May I ask which drill you recommend please geeg?

KUPA is the make I use and they make un-labled for a few companies who use them and put their own brand name on them. But I'd go straight to KUPA in the USA ... they will send and they have versions that will work in Europe on our voltage .... I use the KUPA Manipro Supermax model ... great implement and I have had it for a very long time. Good as new after years of use. Light weight, variable speed and make sure you buy the safety bit (well 2 or 3 actually) which is worth it's weight in gold. x

Last edited:

Yes,i strongly agree from my previous education as an nail tech when i had first started my course a couple months into it this person that was taking my course and that person obviously wasn't paying any attention the the lesson and she was trying to make her nails "smooth and shiny without acrylic" and we were doing practice on model hands with the drill, We were all given a drill each and when the instructor left the room for some more supplies this girl grabbed the drill and placed it on top of her nail then turned it on all i really heard was an loud high pitched scream at first i thought it wasn't anything other than a drill malfunctioning when people started getting out of their seats i turned my head and the first thing i saw was blood squirting out of this poor girls finger it seems the drill had somehow gone right threw the Lateral Nail Fold and it was somehow jammed under and it was still on the highest setting meaning it was still on with the tip of the nail drill stuck under and spinning! it was absolutely horrible she ended up being sent to the ER the next day we were told that she was trying to get smooth and shiny nails without using any top coats acrylic or anything and since she had never used an nail drill before she really didn't know what she was doing, it could have just been a malfunction but then again she should have known better!

So i really agree with you because if you haven't used a nail drill before try practicing on a model hand you can get from alot of the nail shops or you could order them online and practice on them before you actually use them on yourself or another person,And they are amazing and one of the most useful tools in the salon once you get the hang of it :)

Do a course, buy one and it will become your best friend :) used correctly its a brilliant tool x

As others have said when used correctly they are a great tool and time saver. In the wrong hands they are dangerous!!!

I'm off to purchase mine and book my training on Monday. I'm so excited its silly. It's a heafty outlay but it will pay for itself in no time at all
Vicki x

Love my Kupa
And the safety bit is a must have <3

<3 love is like the magic penny .

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

I use a kupa mani pro and absolutely love her ;-)
But I need safety bits, can anyone recommend a place in the UK to buy these from ?

Many thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Electric files are great if you know how to use them, I won't repeat what everyone else have said, but I totally agree: it can be scary and dangerous if you don't know how to use it, but it becomes great ally if you feel confident with it and have trained enough :)

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

Where can I find courses on e files?
Thank u

I also use a Kupa UP200 efile. I love it

I think nsi and crystalnails do efile courses ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have just purchased my e file from NSI set me back a bit, but worth it! Booked my training for the 10th of September. My local Nsi supplier offers the training, they don't sell the efiles without training :) not sure if its Kupa though how would I know if it was unmarked? Xx

Yey! Just an update my e-file is Kupa!

Latest posts

Back