Electrical epilation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyyt03

Reaction score
Hi, I am so close to finally finishing my level 3 apprenticeship and just need a last few answers that I can't find anywhere, so if any one could help that would be amazing
1. 2 things that happen in the stages of catagen and telogen hair stage.
2. The benefit of diathermy
3. How hair should be removed form a compound follicle
4 why is it important to know how to treat the follicles of red and non pig hair
5. What is the most dudes full method for red and non pig hair
I have tried to answer these questions but my tutor has said I haven't been answering them in the 'city and guilds way'
Thank you !

I know this is no help but numbers 4 and 5 are actually in the wrong subject, they are for laser/IPL not electrolysis. I told Habia (who write the standards the quals are based on) they said they would change it and they haven't. Really disgraceful that it's still in the electrolysis courses, and that you are being asked them! :eek:

But anyway,
1. Catagen, hair stops growing as the root matrix stops multiplying,and root sheath starts to shrink. Telogen, dermal papilla detaches from the follicle and the hair shaft is shed. 2. Diathermy takes less time per hair and can be used when the client is contraindicated to direct current.3. Compound hairs will depend on how you are being taught, either treat each hair individually or treat one hair only and then leave the other. You will have to check your notes on that one.

4 and 5, I'm sorry but these questions are complete nonsense, so again you'll have to look at the notes you were given. I think some people say blend is better (not factually true) and that the roots might be deeper than other colours (again, not true).

It's no wonder students struggle with electrolysis when the awarding bodies can't even get their questions right.

I know this is no help but numbers 4 and 5 are actually in the wrong subject, they are for laser/IPL not electrolysis. I told Habia (who write the standards the quals are based on) they said they would change it and they haven't. Really disgraceful that it's still in the electrolysis courses, and that you are being asked them! :eek:

But anyway,
1. Catagen, hair stops growing as the root matrix stops multiplying,and root sheath starts to shrink. Telogen, dermal papilla detaches from the follicle and the hair shaft is shed. 2. Diathermy takes less time per hair and can be used when the client is contraindicated to direct current.3. Compound hairs will depend on how you are being taught, either treat each hair individually or treat one hair only and then leave the other. You will have to check your notes on that one.

4 and 5, I'm sorry but these questions are complete nonsense, so again you'll have to look at the notes you were given. I think some people say blend is better (not factually true) and that the roots might be deeper than other colours (again, not true).

It's no wonder students struggle with electrolysis when the awarding bodies can't even get their questions right.

Thanks so much!
Oh really ,number 4 and 5 where the ones I was most stuck on can't find anything on it anywhere, I'll make sure I'll tell my tutor that!
Thank you really appreciate it x

Latest posts

Back