Electrical facial advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evelyngirl

Reaction score
Hi I work from home in a little cabin I currently offer all things beauty but really love performing facials I offer a standard facial with a steam and dermplanning. Im thinking to invest in a vacuum suction or high frequency machine I am qualified but wondered what people's thoughts were in terms of what to offer? Or if there's something totally different? Also advice on machines please thank you x

Im looking for the same info, so me bumping this post may help! X

Think about the range you use, what products could be complimented with an electrical modality? Do you use any serums which can be ionised/have a positive charge? If so a galvanic machine to push them deeper into the skin would be an option.
What are your clients needs? Do they request anti-ageing effects? A microcurrent machine could be another option.
Vacuum suction is seen as being somewhat old hat these days by many and not used so much (although one of my personal favourites) and so introducing that could be different to your competitors.
Think objectively to what you wish to achieve from a machine and the effects and base your choice on that.

A high frequency if you have many clients with acne skin. It gives really good results .

I had to do HF (high frequency) and VS (vacuum suction) for college assessments.

We were taught that VS is good for pretty much everyone bar those with very loose/papery skin. It's particularly good if people can't have an electric current going through their body or if they are pregnant (no electric currents are meant to go through the body during pregnancy - this was a precaution my college took).

HF is really good for people who have acne problems. However, as well as buying the machine you also have to buy the gel to go with it (oxygenation gel) whereas VS you can use any facial oil.

If you get the right machine for either you can also off these as body treatments - VS being good for lymphatic drainage and weight loos assistance and HF being good for people who have body acne.

At the end of the day it all depends on what your main client base is and what you think would work best

Hope this helps

Do u have any good brands involved for them?

Do u have any good brands involved for them?
My college used dermalogica for their treatments, I think the oxygenation gel might have been a salon systems one, I'm not sure as the lecturers would decant that gel for us to prevent waste

Oh ok thank .for both the suction and radio frequency

It's okay, if you have any other questions I'm happy to help

My college used dermalogica for their treatments, I think the oxygenation gel might have been a salon systems one, I'm not sure as the lecturers would decant that gel for us to prevent waste
Is that the machine brands or the product used with it

Is that the machine brands or the product used with it
I'm not sure on what brand/s the machines were at college but dermalogica was the skin care products that we used and salon systems is a product brand so you might be able to find your machines through them

I'm not sure on what brand/s the machines were at college but dermalogica was the skin care products that we used and salon systems is a product brand so you might be able to find your machines through them
Ok thanks

Latest posts

Back