electrolysis bruises??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlepinkfairy

Reaction score
i need advice, an electrolysis client of mine has got a bruise from her treatment. i'm pretty sure that bruises can occur from incorrect insertion and without me getting big headed electrolysis is one of my strong points so i can't see this being the reason (of course there is the possibilty that it could be me!), could it of happened if she moved her head while i was zapping a hair (which she did do)? her skin is also incredibly stretchy so i have to be quite firm to keep her skin from moving when removing the hair with tweezers after, could this have contributed? i have never had a cleint bruise from electrolysis before!!

she isn't upset at all is and is still quite happy to come back for more treatments so this is for my own peace of mind!

I always remember that you could bruise if it was incorrect insertion, but if the follicle is distorted then this could occur too. I also think if the follicle is very shallow then a bruise could occur. I used to find under the chin the most likely place for bruising as it is an awkward angle and the hairs can grow any angle.

hths

I would suggest either inaccurate probing,maybe too deep.Maybe too much of a stretch or too large a probe.

Dosn't matter if you're good at electrolysis,we all make mistakes and even the most experienced of therapists have this happen occasionaly.Dont fret,it was just an accident,clients seems okay so just be a little more careful next time hun.HTH xx:hug:

Yes they happen now and again some follicles are distorted especially if they have been waxing or plucking, dont worry its burning them that electrologists should never do.

thanks so much, i had no idea bruising could occur from electrolysis!!! i will definatly be extra careful in future!!!

xxxxxx

not that I am an expert at this but we are just learning about contra actions in electrolysis but it can be anything from an incorrect probe to a too large a needle for the hair follicle.

Latest posts

Back