Electrolysis settings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SusieSusie

Reaction score
Hi, Just a quick question, I sat my electrolysis a while ago (12 years!) and since I have been back to Sterex for a Lecturers Training Workshop with Elaine Stoddart (who is my hero!)

I hated electrolysis in college but since opening my own salon 10 years ago I love it. I have mainly being doing Diathermy in the salon with a little blend but I started teaching last year, I covered the electroyliss classes which I loved and I have been asked to teach diathermy, blend and galvanic this year.

My predicament is that I have always, always, always used Sterex and the college only has Carlton. Does anyone have useful info? I have the CC2337 but it nothing on the settings for the treatments

I would be gratefull if anyone had any hints on teachig students and keeping their interst! and also settings for this machine.

Many tahnks in advance!!!

I mean this in the nicest possible way but I think you need the training from Carlton and to use this on clients before teaching students. Machine settings are a guide only as clients are individuals and of course it willl vary from client to client. A bit concerned that you will hardly know it yourself before passing on knowledge to others. I would also get more blend experience under my belt.;)

I mean this in the nicest possible way but I think you need the training from Carlton and to use this on clients before teaching students. Machine settings are a guide only as clients are individuals and of course it willl vary from client to client. A bit concerned that you will hardly know it yourself before passing on knowledge to others. I would also get more blend experience under my belt.;)

Hi, thank you for your "kind" words. I am confident in Epilation as I have been in practice for over 10 years have done many CPD courses over the years but with all Sterex machines, I fully understand that Clients are individuals as I my main treatment in my salon is Epilation.

I was just hoping for a little advide on the Carlton machines i.e. settings if they are a little different to my Sterex machines. But it seems whenever anyone looks for advice on this site we get shot down. Thanks again :rolleyes:

Hi, thank you for your "kind" words. I am confident in Epilation as I have been in practice for over 10 years have done many CPD courses over the years but with all Sterex machines, I fully understand that Clients are individuals as I my main treatment in my salon is Epilation.

I was just hoping for a little advide on the Carlton machines i.e. settings if they are a little different to my Sterex machines. But it seems whenever anyone looks for advice on this site we get shot down. Thanks again :rolleyes:

It was not meant the way you took it. You did say that you only did a little blend after all. The only true way to get the information on the settings is to call the company and perhaps have a training day with them. I cannot see why that offends. To impart training to others means being well prepared and experienced but if you feel confident then why not test the machine yourself and assess the necessary settings?

I think essentia was referring to your knowledge of the carlton machine and that you should be able to competently teach using it. I don't think your knowledge of epilation is in question.
This site is great for advice and I honestly don't think you were being 'shot down'
It's a fair criticism that it's not ideal to have someone teaching on a machine they have no experience of, regardless of how much knowledge they have on the subject that they are teaching.
Sounds like you've got a great new job though, exciting! Xx

Hello ladies, I am Carlton Professional's UK trainer, and would be more than happy to help the OP with her questions. :)
Please feel free to PM me on here, or you can call Carlton Professional direct on 01903 76 11 00.

It's a fair criticism that it's not ideal to have someone teaching on a machine they have no experience of, regardless of how much knowledge they have on the subject that they are teaching.

Unfortunately, it's a fact that I come across on a daily basis. Beauty students across the country are often being taught by someone competent in the theory, but with only a basic understanding of the specific working of the actual machine they are teaching on. Most machines work in similar ways so it's not usually a huge issue, but occasionally one brand can be very different to another.

For this very reason, Carlton Professional have always offered CPD completely free of charge to all all beauty therapy lecturers. We are committed to ensuring that colleges teaching with our equipment have all the knowledge they need to enable them to teach with our machines confidently, and correctly.

Help is always available on the phones or via email too, so no excuses!! :lol:

Hi I did take the "advice" as it was written, as I thought (my thoughts and opinions) you were extremely negative and rude in some points of your post, "A bit concerned that you will hardly know it yourself before passing on knowledge to others"

As I said in the post " I sat my electrolysis a while ago (12 years!)"

I loved electrolysis until I asked for a little help!

I am very confident in the all 3 methods of epilation and had a class last year who all obtained credits (75% and over)in their ITEC practical & theory examinations but in there they used Sterex which I have done a course in Lectures Training workshop as well as my own ITEC, CIBTAC & CIDESCO Diplomas in Epilation.

Would it not be worse to be one of these "other teachers" who hardly know it themselves before passing on knowledge to others"

So all I really wanted was to be confident on the Carlton machine timings, Not what is Blend, Galvanic or SWD then I think you may have a right to say "" A bit concerned that you will hardly know it yourself before passing on knowledge to others. I would also get more blend experience under my belt."

I know that all setting are depending on clients but wanted to give them a guide like I have for Sterex but thats only my thoughts on the post. I must give Bombalurina a big thank you for her advice.

and to pinkfairy, essentia words were not only on the Carlton training " A bit concerned that you will hardly know it yourself before passing on knowledge to others. I would also get more blend experience under my belt." is not just about the machine.

But thanks for making my first post so positive and welcoming to this site.

:wink2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly I think you take a breath and step back.

You yourself mentioned you only did a little blend - yes your words ;) ;)

If I were preparing to tutor students with a machine I had not used I would take Carltons kind offer for CPD. Otherwise I do not see what you have to moan about. Good luck with the teaching.

Thanks. . !!! Thanks again for you "advice" Step back and take and breth when looking for advice !!! Thanks really good, friendly advice!!

I am not moaning just looking for a little friendly advice late on a Monday evening before I could contact the manufacturer, which I have now done and received the answers I was looking for.

Thank you for you good luck, sincerely, I mean that, love and light:Love:

Lordy - You have been very disrespectful to those who are trying to help you.

I have been respectful to those who have helped me :hug:

Wow, I do think we do all need to take a step back here, and maybe concentrate on the fab contribution by Bombalurina offering free training on the Carlton system whicvh is available to all lecturers.

I do think there was a bit of overreaction, which in turn seemed to cause some ill feeling.
It is in cases like this when a post is aimed at one person that it is best to go to PM rather than post it on a thread.

I hope we can all move on from this, and as the question has been answered I am now closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back