Electrolysis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clareann

Reaction score
Hi everyone first want to say how much I sympathize with all professionals at this time I hope you are keeping it together and finding ways to make it through this horrible pandemic.
I have been a member here on and off for quite a number of years through illness my journey in the beauty world was cut dead.
So as it has been a long time away from the world of all things beautiful I was wondering if the industry still required electrolysis or has laser hair removal taken over it completely I do remember when laser first came out it was not permanent hair removal and electrolysis was as I said it's been a long time just want your thoughts on it from professional point of view.

Hi! I don’t do electrolysis but I understand it is still a very profitable treatment. I know a therapist who does a lot!

Hi! I don’t do electrolysis but I understand it is still a very profitable treatment. I know a therapist who does a lot!
Thanks for your feedback that's one yes 😉

I offer electrolysis. I do a few sessions a week so it does bring clients in who then have other services too.
It’s not quantity I was doing 20 years ago but there is still demand.
On a plus, I’m the only person doing it for miles around so no competitors!

I offer electrolysis. I do a few sessions a week so it does bring clients in who then have other services too.
It’s not quantity I was doing 20 years ago but there is still demand.
On a plus, I’m the only person doing it for miles around so no competitors!
Yes that's an interesting point thank you for your views

Hi everyone first want to say how much I sympathize with all professionals at this time I hope you are keeping it together and finding ways to make it through this horrible pandemic.
I have been a member here on and off for quite a number of years through illness my journey in the beauty world was cut dead.
So as it has been a long time away from the world of all things beautiful I was wondering if the industry still required electrolysis or has laser hair removal taken over it completely I do remember when laser first came out it was not permanent hair removal and electrolysis was as I said it's been a long time just want your thoughts on it from professional point of view.
Take a look at the British Institute and Association of Electrolysis. We are a dedicated group of professional Electrolysists. Training is available through them. You could make initial contact via the Secretary. I hope you do well whichever route you choose to take.

Hi I Offer electrolysis and strained with sterex to offer advanced Electrolysis. It’s the only clinically proven form of permanent hair removal in the world - above laser as far as I am aware. I have lots of clients and it is an aspect of beauty that I love and find really rewarding.

Hi I Offer electrolysis and strained with sterex to offer advanced Electrolysis. It’s the only clinically proven form of permanent hair removal in the world - above laser as far as I am aware. I have lots of clients and it is an aspect of beauty that I love and find really rewarding.
That's interesting so do you mean you don't use sterex so you can offer advanced electrolysis so which would you recommend

So once you’ve qualified in electrolysis - you can then add to that advanced training to include ‘ACP’ Advanced Cosmetic Procedures - to remove skintags, facial thread veins, treat hairs in moles etc.

So once you’ve qualified in electrolysis - you can then add to that advanced training to include ‘ACP’ Advanced Cosmetic Procedures - to remove skintags, facial thread veins, treat hairs in moles etc.
Ok got it thanks for the information

Hi My main business has been performing electrolysis however, the pandemic does make it hard to do really safely. Please bear that in mind.

Yes I did wonder about this thanks for your input

I had a problem with the council and they said I had to stop doing it until I had a tattoo licence!!!! Now I know what you are all thinking... a ready made hole the hair comes out of.... they are not interested and have been doing little for 25 years!

I had a problem with the council and they said I had to stop doing it until I had a tattoo licence!!!! Now I know what you are all thinking... a ready made hole the hair comes out of.... they are not interested and have been doing little for 25 years!
Yes - you have to arrange an inspection via your local council. And rightly so. They want to see your hygiene - eg elbow/infra red hands free taps, sterilisation techniques etc then once satisfied they issue your licence.

Wow that's new to me then things have changed in last 20 years tattoo licence elbow/ Infa red taps will definitely book a meeting with my local council before I go ahead thanks for that

Wow that's new to me then things have changed in last 20 years tattoo licence elbow/ Infa red taps will definitely book a meeting with my local council before I go ahead thanks for that
Once you’ve got your licence it’s not something you have to renew each year unless you move premises. There is a fee of course. They do ask you a lot of health and environmental questions too so sept up on your local council advice (A mini oral exam kinda thing ) and such - needle disposal etc X

That's great information thank you

Yes. Lazer/IPL can not treat grey or white hair. It struggles with Blonde and also Red. You can only use it on people with skin types 1-4/5 depending on the machine. Electrolysis can treat all hair and skin types and has been the only permanent method recognized by the medical profession for over 100 years. The NHS will only usually pay for Electrolysis and not Lazer or IPL unless it's a referral to a derm that offers it at a hospital. There will always be a place for Electrolysis especially if you also do Adv as well.

N x

Yes. Lazer/IPL can not treat grey or white hair. It struggles with Blonde and also Red. You can only use it on people with skin types 1-4/5 depending on the machine. Electrolysis can treat all hair and skin types and has been the only permanent method recognized by the medical profession for over 100 years. The NHS will only usually pay for Electrolysis and not Lazer or IPL unless it's a referral to a derm that offers it at a hospital. There will always be a place for Electrolysis especially if you also do Adv as well.

N x
Thanks just can't believe it is still the best form of permanent hair removal after all these years I am still contemplating it is alot of out lay but it is very rewarding to help people

Thanks just can't believe it is still the best form of permanent hair removal after all these years I am still contemplating it is alot of out lay but it is very rewarding to help people
It is definitely much sought after and very rewarding. When I first started I had lots of clients who were pre-op transexuals. I took it and ran with it and still have these clients, some are sent by the NHS. They require many years of electrolysis on various areas and now require a certificate of completion before they can get surgery. I also did the advanced cosmetic electrology and have to admit I do a lot of skin tag removal. The average cost if you go private is about £199 each or you'd have to wait about 18 months for a derm appt to be told it's just cosmetic. You can earn a good living and give people back their confidence by offering these types of service as well. If you can specialize in an area of work you'll get lots of clients and referals.

Latest posts

Back