Elemis reviews please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeJay27

Reaction score
hi, I'm thinking about taking on Elemis and wondering what the experience of those who stock it has been?
It is a expensive account to open with as you also have to purchase the biotech machine. Any feedback would be great.

Hi ya ,
Ok so I opened my salon with Elemis 15 years ago and it did very well . However as the years rolled on and QVC took a hold so much of my retail business was lost as clients were buying offers and TSV and packages so much cheaper than I could offer and business and profit was lost .
It is now available online , QVC and even Next so in my opinion no longer a professional brand . The products are still nice but no longer an option for a salon . Sorry to be the bearer of bad news x

Hi I agree with the first response on your post, it is no longer for “professionals” only. I am a beauty therapist but buy my Elemis from a reputable site online for my own personal use, I find the products to be lovely & work for my skin type. I use to do facials on clients by eve taylor and they loved it but retail was always so hard due to the internet/cheaper prices x

Hi I agree with the first response on your post, it is no longer for “professionals” only. I am a beauty therapist but buy my Elemis from a reputable site online for my own personal use, I find the products to be lovely & work for my skin type. I use to do facials on clients by eve taylor and they loved it but retail was always so hard due to the internet/cheaper prices x

Hi Leah, Eve Taylor does not supply accounts selling below the the guided pricing on retail products so I am wondering where the cheaper internet prices were? We couldn't keep Eve Taylor on shelves before lockdown it sold so well.

Deejay,
I was an Elemis stockist about 12 years ago, it is no longer a professional brand and you won't compete with Next etc on pricing.

S xx

Hi I am currently a stockist of Elemis in my salon. The clients love our facials however as said previously my retail business slipped away to QVC etc. We stocked all of the Christmas gift sets last year only to have to further discount prices as the official Elemis site started to heavily discount them. Clients who bought early from us asked to return ! The biotec machine was offered recently as a buy one get a loan machine free. It in no way compares to Caci. We have customers come into the salon to have consultations, smell and feel the products then openly say can I buy at this price ? Ok I’ll go ahead and get it online. It’s time wasting and humiliating that they think we can barter. There is a high end feel to the brand and there is a market for treatments due to spa and cruise ship awareness. I think though after 15 years in my salon any retailing is a challenge. I wouldn’t open an account with them starting a business. The retail will be dead stock and the machine is competing against Caci. Good luck finding the right brand for you.
hi, I'm thinking about taking on Elemis and wondering what the experience of those who stock it has been?
It is a expensive account to open with as you also have to purchase the biotech machine. Any feedback would be great.
I opened my salon 15 years ag

Hi I am currently a stockist of Elemis in my salon. The clients love our facials however as said previously my retail business slipped away to QVC etc. We stocked all of the Christmas gift sets last year only to have to further discount prices as the official Elemis site started to heavily discount them. Clients who bought early from us asked to return ! The biotec machine was offered recently as a buy one get a loan machine free. It in no way compares to Caci. We have customers come into the salon to have consultations, smell and feel the products then openly say can I buy at this price ? Ok I’ll go ahead and get it online. It’s time wasting and humiliating that they think we can barter. There is a high end feel to the brand and there is a market for treatments due to spa and cruise ship awareness. I think though after 15 years in my salon any retailing is a challenge. I wouldn’t open an account with them starting a business. The retail will be dead stock and the machine is competing against Caci. Good luck finding the right brand for you.

I opened my salon 15 years ag
Sorry I meant to add I opened my salon 15 years ago with Thalgo. I struggled with treatments as clients didn’t have the name. The reason I chose Elemis was brand awareness. Retail has changed so much over the years and my salon is busy with treatments. We offer 20% off any purchase with treatment. There are ways to compete but still they may go online.

Thank you so much for all the replies. It seems a lot of people hold a similar view on their experience with Elemis. I have decided to go with Environ!!!

Hi ya ,
Ok so I opened my salon with Elemis 15 years ago and it did very well . However as the years rolled on and QVC took a hold so much of my retail business was lost as clients were buying offers and TSV and packages so much cheaper than I could offer and business and profit was lost .
It is now available online , QVC and even Next so in my opinion no longer a professional brand . The products are still nice but no longer an option for a salon . Sorry to be the bearer of bad news x
I agree so much with this comment. It’s a fabulous brand. We use it in our Spa - but the retail side of it is so challenging with QVC and Debenhams doing offers.
I’ve run my own business (using Eve Taylor and Germaine De Capuccini) and I’m now a Spa Manager (using Elemis). Eve Taylor would be my choice if I opened a salon again.
Hope this helps and good luck in choosing

Hi does anyone no a website I could buy Elemis from? Wholesale price??
also does anyone no anyone that is selling Elemis gift sets fit £50 they was seen on QVC but jumped bk up to £100....

Latest posts

Back