ELF cosmetics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolly6410

Reaction score
hey geeks! so i want to start doing make up but for now i just want to practice practice and practice, i'm qualified but i just don't have confidence, i've started researching on products and i want all the obvious ones... mac, bobbi brown, benefit... BUT whilst doing my daily check on salon geek i saw a few people talking about ELF which i had never heard of, so i decided to go on youtube and i found this beaut...

emilynoel83's Channel - YouTube

this woman is an actual legend!!! i want to go and buy everything shes using... yes yes i know some people do have the gift of the gab and she obviously is one of those people that could sell gift wrapped dog poo for a wad of cash but really, what are these products actually like? i quite like the thought of using them on myself aswell...

I would be keen to see the responses too, Lisa Eldridge uses some ELF products and they are extremely cheap in price x

Iv used ELF quite a few times and have liked all their products, they can keep their costs down as they are only on the internet and the packaging is very basic, but the products are fab. Worth giving them a try.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

In my opinion they are OK, not brill but also not rubbish, some of their products are really nice iv got the highlighting powder n love it, and a liquid/mousse type blush that goes on like a dream but I bought some brushes and they shed and handles fell off.

Have a look for BH cosmetics a lot of YouTube gurus use them too, the brushes are the best overall iv ever used, amazing quality for the price.

The 120 palette is widely used I believe and has loads of colours so u can practise til your hearts content! The lashes aren't very hood so wouldn't buy those again but I also like the lip liners and contour palette.

Sorry for changing the subject I know u asked about elf so just thought id let u know of the experience uv had with them :)

In my opinion they are OK, not brill but also not rubbish, some of their products are really nice iv got the highlighting powder n love it, and a liquid/mousse type blush that goes on like a dream but I bought some brushes and they shed and handles fell off.

Have a look for BH cosmetics a lot of YouTube gurus use them too, the brushes are the best overall iv ever used, amazing quality for the price.

The 120 palette is widely used I believe and has loads of colours so u can practise til your hearts content! The lashes aren't very hood so wouldn't buy those again but I also like the lip liners and contour palette.

Sorry for changing the subject I know u asked about elf so just thought id let u know of the experience uv had with them :)

ooo no thats excellent thank you, any advice is greatly received! its good to know whats good and whats not, i didn't know about salon geek when i first started up and i wasted ALOT of money on not so good very expensive products and stuff i really didn't need lol but now i like to learn from other peoples mistakes and save abit of money on the way :lol: x

Everyone has different opinions also, plus u will work out what u like yourself, u can definately tell the difference in quality with the premium brands and I do intend to use them but the colours are glorious in my pallete and I'm not afraid to practise and try different looks as I know it didn't cost me a fortune.

The brushes I will use for a long time I think, bought two of each and quality wise they feel and apply the same as my mac and bobbi brown brushes.

Maybe just buy a couple of bits to try out from elf instead of having a huge blowout then regretting it, then u can make up your mind - they often have good deals on, not long ago it was 25% off everything
Xx

Everyone has different opinions also, plus u will work out what u like yourself, u can definately tell the difference in quality with the premium brands and I do intend to use them but the colours are glorious in my pallete and I'm not afraid to practise and try different looks as I know it didn't cost me a fortune.

The brushes I will use for a long time I think, bought two of each and quality wise they feel and apply the same as my mac and bobbi brown brushes.

Maybe just buy a couple of bits to try out from elf instead of having a huge blowout then regretting it, then u can make up your mind - they often have good deals on, not long ago it was 25% off everything
Xx

perfect, i will keep an eye out, i have no intention of using any foundation other than mac because i always remember going in to debenhams and having a make over and coming out looking like a doll (in a good way), and also there are some other luxury brands which i have my eye on, but i would like some just to practice with so it dosn't matter when my sister says i've made her look like a clown and she can go and wash it off without me thinking NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MY MONEY!!! haha x

I must admit I haven't been overly impressed with elf - and wouldn't dream of using it on a bride - but for photoshoots where lasting ability or quality doesn't really matter - than its fab.

I must admit I haven't been overly impressed with elf - and wouldn't dream of using it on a bride - but for photoshoots where lasting ability or quality doesn't really matter - than its fab.

ooo thank you for your input, what brand blusher, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick/gloss do you use for brides? i'd love to get into bridal make up but like i said my confidence is at a big fat low and wrecking a brides face on her big day would be my worst nightmare :eek: also do you use palettes or individual products?

have you tried art deco...there a big name.i really like there stuff my friend uses them and she tried it all on me...i dont ever where foundation as i dont need it or really like it but this one reaally matched my skin and felt gorgeous all day and best of all not heavy on the face like some are...just a thought..you can get samples also to try.

have you tried art deco...there a big name.i really like there stuff my friend uses them and she tried it all on me...i dont ever where foundation as i dont need it or really like it but this one reaally matched my skin and felt gorgeous all day and best of all not heavy on the face like some are...just a thought..you can get samples also to try.

i researched loads on them before i went to the birmingham beauty uk show back in May but when i got there they weren't exactly the most welcoming stand so i ran away because i'm a baby like that, i might contact them through their website though :lol: thank you

They sell ELF in the dollar type stores here so wouldn't personally use it professionally.

They sell ELF in the dollar type stores here so wouldn't personally use it professionally.

:O if they sold it in the pound shops here i'd be all over that! my make up box would be filled to the brim!!! lol but yes not for clients if they can get it from pound/dollar shops x

Hi, just had to reply to this thread...

gotta say I love many of the ELF products especially the brushes and the mineral make-up from them.

The brow kits are absolutely fantastic- the best I have ever used and I retail loads of them to my clients :))

They have a special offer code on at the moment for 40% off so maybe you could try a few things while its even cheaper to see what you think! We arent supposed to give the code out but if you search for them on Facebook I think you can get the code there or maybe PM me ;) I think the offer ends tomorrow though.

Hope that helps!
Tamii

ooo thank you for your input, what brand blusher, eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick/gloss do you use for brides? i'd love to get into bridal make up but like i said my confidence is at a big fat low and wrecking a brides face on her big day would be my worst nightmare :eek: also do you use palettes or individual products?

I have a bit of a mix - I use predominantly Anthony Braden stuff - have done for years - I like the quality but there are a few bits and pieces from their range they could add eg a primer for dry skins I have some palettes from them for blush and shadows some foundations, and lip colours, glosses. But I do have a mix - I have found NYX to be really good too. I can't live without the mac gel liner. I also have some bare escentuals blush and shadows, and quite like a few of screenface products too.

I use everyday mascaras because I think mascaras are much of a muchness (I'm sure some will disagree) but I have used loads and not one of the higher priced mascaras have wowed me.

Latest posts

Back