Elumen thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more question do you charge the same as a regular colour for Elumen?
My salon prices are:
£25 root retouch
£35 for whole head colour
£18 for parting foils.
Although if very short hair so I only need one bowl of colour I only charge £25 for all over.
On the Elumen info I see
Short - 40ml
Medium - 80ml
Long - 120ml
So I was thinking staging prices for clients. According to how much used in ml.

I just charged regular colour price, you'd use 2 tubes of tint on long hair (120ml) anyway, I guess if it feels like it's costing me more than normal I'll adjust prices at some point, my normal bright coloured clients are between £60& £80 anyway because it's a double process

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464189668.291920.jpg

It's arrived [emoji2]

Exciting! You will love it [emoji7] xx

One more question I have not got the back bar or retail shampoo and conditioner. I use Goldwell in salon so thinking to use colour one but what should I tel client to use at home?

Do you retail the DualSenses Fade Stop shampoo & conditioner? Xx

Colour care id say :)

Currently trying out grey on my son... I think I might have put too much na2 in :confused: I hope he dosent freak out :oops:

No but can get some Dual senses. Thanks

It looked black on his head :eek: turned out ok tho phew

Has anyone got a picture of vv@all pastellised & what was the ratio please, I ised 20 ml sv@10 with a few drops of vv and a drop of blue because I find its too pink, it went on a clean base 10 looked great developing but disappeared when dry

Pink elumen... The worst thing I've ever tried to remove in my life... 7 hours and a million toners! Never again!

Pink elumen... The worst thing I've ever tried to remove in my life... 7 hours and a million toners! Never again!
How did it turn out in the end?

Surf girl did you have to order from a rep for them?? I'm going to have to try these myself now I've seen them!!

Surf girl did you have to order from a rep for them?? I'm going to have to try these myself now I've seen them!!
Yea I did :)

How did it turn out in the end?
Horrible tbh, elumen isn't like normal colour, I wish you were on fb, I got a thread going on there, I managed to get it to a wiered silvery grey mink type colour after, which "should" wash back quite neutral I hope!

Horrible tbh, elumen isn't like normal colour, I wish you were on fb, I got a thread going on there, I managed to get it to a wiered silvery grey mink type colour after, which "should" wash back quite neutral I hope!
Sounds quite nice! Mine still hasn't faded [emoji85]

What did you try to remove it using? Like you would a direct dye?

I haven't tried elumen yet as none of the wholesalers stock it and I don't do enough clients to get a rep. They look lovely! X

Tbh. I quite like the colour your compared it to on FB!

Sounds quite nice! Mine still hasn't faded [emoji85]

What did you try to remove it using? Like you would a direct dye?
Nope, I diddnt bother with the return because it just makes the hair feel horrible & in my honest opinion I don't think it does a good job at all, I bleached it 3 times, got it to neon pink, then applied roots 4.1 into a bleach balyage, it lifted to a lighter pink, then I tried to tone... Here's the problem... Pink gets neutralised with??? In my brain pink is red, so I used green... It Turned purple! So I nutralise the purple with gold... It went grey! Tried to warm up the grey with a mixture of 80% gold 10% copper 10% red & it went greyish red... I was at a loss at this point so I gave it a good scrub with shampoo and it's now a greyish tone with old purple mingling through it.. Elumen is not like normal colour to work with!

Nope, I diddnt bother with the return because it just makes the hair feel horrible & in my honest opinion I don't think it does a good job at all, I bleached it 3 times, got it to neon pink, then applied roots 4.1 into a bleach balyage, it lifted to a lighter pink, then I tried to tone... Here's the problem... Pink gets neutralised with??? In my brain pink is red, so I used green... It Turned purple! So I nutralise the purple with gold... It went grey! Tried to warm up the grey with a mixture of 80% gold 10% copper 10% red & it went greyish red... I was at a loss at this point so I gave it a good scrub with shampoo and it's now a greyish tone with old purple mingling through it.. Elumen is not like normal colour to work with!
Yeah I would of thought pink is on the red side? The only way to create pink is white and red? So green and clear? But then you would of still got purple but maybe a lilacy instead? But there must of been some purple in the pink originally so the green neutralised the red tones and left the purple? That has baffled me!

But what you've ended up with should fade neutral surely?

Latest posts

Back