Elumen thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surf girl

Reaction score
I'm starting a new discussion thread for this :) the other threads were a bit old, I've ordered 14 colours their coming Monday! :D Can't wait to get started with them!

I'm hoping we can share tips and questions :)

I've have some Elumen questions... My 1'st order is coming tommorow and I've never used it before! I have a client on Thursday who's giving me free reign to do anything I want on her hair she's currently got a pink base blend (framesi colours) with white mids & ends, so ....

can I go over the current pink with Elumen? I'd obviously choose a colour that would go like a violet or pink.

How does Elumen react with grey hair? Does it cover? Or will I need to lift?

Are Elumen bright colours best put on top of freshly bleached hair?

Do the colours run into each other when rinsing? (This client will have multiple colours)

Can you guys show me picks of your work with the bright shades, @vv @pk @bl etc please

Thank you :)

From what I can remember working in a goldwell salon, Elumen works on every single base. If you bought a package you should have some promotional material/education manuals and I'm pretty sure there's some paper that's shaded in different amounts to represent levels 1-10, you can paint some Elumen over it to see how it would show on every level. Obviously the most intense noticeable results will be on level 9/10 but it can go on all levels. Could be good for doing 'oil slick' type things? And don't quote me, and blame me if it does run but I THINK that Elumen doesn't run. They've got a 'lock' that you can apply that stops it running at all in future shampoo's & onto sheets etc

From what I can remember working in a goldwell salon, Elumen works on every single base. If you bought a package you should have some promotional material/education manuals and I'm pretty sure there's some paper that's shaded in different amounts to represent levels 1-10, you can paint some Elumen over it to see how it would show on every level. Obviously the most intense noticeable results will be on level 9/10 but it can go on all levels. Could be good for doing 'oil slick' type things? And don't quote me, and blame me if it does run but I THINK that Elumen doesn't run. They've got a 'lock' that you can apply that stops it running at all in future shampoo's & onto sheets etc
Fab thanks Tom :) I got the mixing bible free instead of the plastic bottle holder thing, can't wait to see what's in there!

I have a client who goes elsewhere for Elumen. She's probably a 6-7. The colour is incredible. Not bright. But obvious. It doesn't run when I was her hair at all.

I have a client who goes elsewhere for Elumen. She's probably a 6-7. The colour is incredible. Not bright. But obvious. It doesn't run when I was her hair at all.
What colour does she have do u know? Is it the 6 as in brown? X

What colour does she have do u know? Is it the 6 as in brown? X
Sorry. She's probably a base 6 or 7 (it's been a while since I saw her)

She has purple on the ends and turquoise on the mids. Looks quite nice. She only has the underneath done.

I'm really needing some guniea pigs this week! And application instructions, the pics on the back of the book are so vague!

This is elumen I used on my client, she was base of a 5-6, lifted it with Silk lift & 9% then applied pk@all, tq@all & bl@all slices then applied vv@all ever where else, then once rinsed used the Lock
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1462914475.381013.jpg

This is elumen I used on my client, she was base of a 5-6, lifted it with Silk lift & 9% then applied pk@all, tq@all & bl@all slices then applied vv@all ever where else, then once rinsed used the Lock View attachment 197067
Oh my gosh :D that is awesome!

Can Elumen be used for toning?

My client has slightly yellow looking blonde, I wondered if I could use the sv@10 then go over a 2nd time with a grey mix? Would I do it on dry hair? And does it need the whole 20 mins for toning?

Ab@9 is a nice toner also clear and a dot of NA@2 is gorgeous for a steely grey toner xx

I'm in the process of choosing colours for my first Elumen package. I need 14 for the starter pack. Can I ask what colors you can't live without? What would you choose I need 14?

For creative colour
VV@all
PK@all
KK@all
BL@all
RR@all
Then
Bk@6 (my absolute fave)
Br@6
KB@7
AB@9
Sv@10
Na@2 (a dot of this with clear for a steel grey toner)
Definitely recommend getting CLEAR in to dilute the @alls if you are wanting a pastel result xx

Thank you so very much cazzajo. Is the clear in Elumen or colorance? Sorry I'm ordering blind as my Goldwell rep doesn't have a colour chart so I am choosing from a picture on an email!!!!!! Not ideal

Ok sorry just checked email found Elumen clear.

Yes the Clear is in Elumen & Definitely order the LOCK ! The elumen lasts a lot longer as it makes it more permanent and helps maintain the vibrancy xx

This what I ordered I'm only really interested in them for the brights, toning blonde & creating greys lol, that reminds me I have to pay my bill :confused: I think you can see if you zoom in, just a note too, I used prep & lock on my client & she's shampooed 3 times and zero fading! :D So chuffed!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 29
Thanks guys for helping me choose. Can't wait to try it. X

Just placed my first order arrives Tuesday can't wait [emoji2]

YY@all
VV@all
PK@all
KK@all
BL@all
RR@all