Elumen

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom94

Reaction score
image.png
Hey, I no theres a few threads about goldwell elumen but i can't find some of the advice i need. My friend wants to go a very bright purple, but quite dark at the roots, and more on the violet side rather than a red purple. So i'm thinking to do 4.20 in majirel at the roots cause she like it dark at the roots, then pre lighten the ends annd i have bought some goldwell elumen vv to put over. I've never used this before so i have bought the prep and lock as well (hope thats right) but i wanted to know how light i need to prelighten it to in order to get the best results? Is it best to get it yellow then tone it with a 9.02 to cancel out the yellow then put the elumen over? Also how long do they last? I know its permenang but realisticly does it last well for a few weeks or start to go wishy washy after a couple of washes because its over lightenend hair? Sorry to bombard with questions! I'm putting a pic up of what we like! We like the bottom pic for the dip dye effect and maybe more violety like the top one, any advise please sat!!
image.png

Lift as light as you can, the lighter the lift the more vibrant the result , no need to tone, make sure the elumen is applied to dry hair, when the Lock is applied it makes the elumen permanent & keeps the vibrancy x x

Oh fab!! So do you apply the lock over the top of the elumen as its on the hair? Or rinse then apply? Sorry i've never used goldwell before so i need a step by step haha!

Leave the elumen on for 30mins , shampoo, towel dry then apply the lock for EXACTLY 5 mins then rinse and condition xx

Excellent thank you! Do you apply the pre treatment on wet hair? Sorry to be a pain! I really appreciate the advise!

This is elumen I used on a client who was a base of a 5, I lifted with silklift & 9%. Lifted canary yellow [emoji85] didn't tone but still got a great result xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463778294.950275.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1463778294.950275.jpg
    736 KB · Views: 31
No apply the pre treatment to dry hair xx

Wow thats gorgeous! Is that the vv as the main colour?

And then rinse pr apply the ellumen immediatley on top?

I don't really use the prepare unless hair is very porous, if you use it just coat the hair with it doesn't need to be saturated then towel dry it in or give it a quick blast with hair dryer then apply the elumen over it, yes vv@all is the main colour I did pk@all , bl@all & tq@all slices then applied vv@all over the rest xx

Sorry to bother you again, but if i want a violet purple do you think mixing a blue with it would look nice? As in mix the vv with the blue one? Or just the vv on its own

No I would use the clear elumen an a couple dots of the vv@all the clear dilutes the @alls ideal for pastel shades xx

Sorry I just re read your question I was thinking you meant more of a lilac, send me a pic of the tone you are thinking xx

We want a proper violet, she doesn't mind it being deeper as long as its more violet that a redy plum colour

Latest posts

Back