Email marketing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Reynolds

Reaction score
Hi All,

Could someone help me out with a email marketing program or website that is free. i am a freelance hair stylist so i don't use a computer software for marketing but i dont want to just send out a plain gmail email.

Could someone help me out.

Thanks

Verve designs do some great email marketing leaflets xx

I don't know of a free email marketing program, Gmail will only send out limited sized emails. Try mail chimp

There is not free email marketing,you have to pay for that but it's not expensive,another vote for Verve.We had lots of work done by him and he is brilliant and so patient but we are very very fussy.

Have a look at mailchimp it may help

Mailchimp - loads of templates that can be edited easily (but can be time consuming writing them) they can look really good.

It's free aslong as you have under about 2000 (not 100% sure in the figure) people on your email marketing list.

Morning all, thanks for your help will try out mail chimp, I am soo quiet this month so need to do some serious marketing today x

Mailchimp is free for up to 2000 emails and good for basic regular sends that look professional, or someone like Constant Contact offer more functionality from £6 per month (such as automated welcome emails)

You need to be able to manage a proper list and also deal with unsubscribes or you may get blocked. Using mailchimp will do all this for you and has easy to use templates.

If you want someone who can help with advice or setting you up try www.thevirtualmarketeer.co.uk

I use mailchimp myself quite a bit. It's very good.

However, email marketing is only as good as the list you have. I've got a few thousand emails I can email to (all past clients - no spam!) and still don't get a MASSIVE response, I find it more useful to communicate important news (if only because my clients can't say they've not been told something! lol)

It only really works in conjunction with other forms of marketing (more traditional stuff like door-to-door leaflets) or social media like Facebook and Twitter.

You need to identify where you're strongest (as I can imagine you've only got a finite time for doing marketing and you want the most bang for your buck!).

For example, if your Facebook page has lots of likers, do a boosted post. Or, if you're in the middle of a busy estate- get some leaflets designed and get your trainers on!

If you've got 100 or less emails for an email marketing campaign? Probably not worth it. I'd stick to a social media campaign.

If you want some ideas of what hundreds of other businesses are doing feel free to like our Facebook page. Not going to link it here, just Google Verve Designs :)

Carl's touched on a good point there, I often skip past his emails without even opening them (sorry Carl ) but I always have a look at the Facebook stuff, I probably do that for most marketing emails too, if your going to send a mass email id suggest from a consumer point of view it needs to have a very eye catching call to action type subject line or it may not be worth the effort. I have a new bit of kit called ovatu and I can send mass emails straight from that, do you have any business software? Phorest, hive, Isalon etc? If you do check out all the features there first there could be just what you need already there :)

[emoji24]
I don't get emails from Carl [emoji17]

I usually skip through marketing emails. It's only Lockhart and Phorest emails I read.

I might look into Ovatu, @surf girl. My online booking doesn't let me send emails through them etc [emoji17]

[emoji24]
I don't get emails from Carl [emoji17]

I usually skip through marketing emails. It's only Lockhart and Phorest emails I read.

I might look into Ovatu, @surf girl. My online booking doesn't let me send emails through them etc [emoji17]
Go Team Ovatu! I read lockheart too ;) there's some good stuff on there :) have you ever bought anything with Carl? He did say it was clients he emails

Yes! Not much mind you.

try mail chimp its very good but will take you a bit of time to learn like most softwares

Latest posts

Back