Emails to clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andi

Reaction score
can anyone help please, I am trying to send emails to my clients about special offers, news etc. I make these up in publisher but when I send them from my hotmail account they have to go as an attachment but I wanted to know if I can send them so that the page opens automatically and not as an attachment. I hope that this makes sense, thanks anyway.

At a guess, you would want to send an HTML formatted email then? With whatever you have created in Publisher being saved in HTML?

I don't use Hotmail, but am sure it would be easier to do this using an email client like Mozilla Thunderbird?

Thanks Ruth I will have a go and let you know, I'm not that savvy on the computer but learning every day!

Can you not do a word document and then cut and paste it to the email?

Follow-up is the number one reason why I'm busy and not following up is the number one reason why others aren't! I'm not bragging, I'm just trying to make a point the sending out "love letters" to your clients often is a great way to stay in business and make money. I always book up quickly when I send out mass emails (eblasts). Personally, I think people like the reminder -- many let me know they were thinking about it anyway. ox

I just type an email and blind cc everyone so my mass eblasts are not real personalized but I try to make them appear personalized. I have a monthly "special" that I combine that with a little "tip" to make my message a little interesting and that seems to work.

If I want to personalize my message, I just forward the original message to that person, remove the appearance of it being forwarded (edit), insert their name in two places and send it again. It sounds like a lot of trouble, but to me, it's just a day spending time promoting myself and making money! Hugs, kelly

PS I know there are services that will do this for you but I would imagine it would be costly.

Hi Andi,
I feel your frustration cos I've been there and done it and am still scratching my head!

• I used to type it straight into the email, which worked but looked boring.
  • So I did an email in word with pictures, if you attach it thats fine, but it can take a while to open, and I am worried that clients won't bother opening them.
  • If you copy and paste, the pictures won't appear.
  • I tried it in publisher, looked great but a lot of clients couldn't open them.
  • A couple of geeks suggested I saved it as a pdf file. I don't know how to do that, I tried downloading something to do it but it wouldn't work.
  • If you send it from publisher in html it won't transfer the pictures.
  • I got a free trial for a company that does professional email templates, as long as you send under 100 you get a free trial. I sent it to 84 people about 10 days ago, in the report 25 have received it, 9 have bounced, that still leaves 50 hanging in cyber-space.
So, I am at a loss with what to do.:eek:

What about that company......think they're called Constant Contact. They do a free trial and it's really cheap after that. xxx

What about that company......think they're called Constant Contact. They do a free trial and it's really cheap after that. xxx
thats the one I'm having a free trial with Kim.

thats the one I'm having a free trial with Kim.

I've not tried mine yet. I've heard they're good. Send an email to me and I'll tell you how it looks. xx

Thanks Hippy Chick, yes I've had the problems with publisher some people can't see it, I haven't saved it to a pdf file yet but I might try theat and the free trial. It's so annoying you spent hours getting it to look good and then can't get half of the information out there :irked:

Hmm, let me have a think about this. I'm guessing that one of the best ways of doing this may be to offer your clients a choice of which format they receive their email in - plain text, HTML or PDF; plain text might suit people who don't have a particularly fancy email client - and you could always add a link to a Web page containing the same content as the HTML version (with nice graphics, pics, etc); some people may prefer PDF over an HTML email, but then some people might not want to use Adobe Reader or whatever...

Could be done using JavaMail, and Apache FOP for generating the PDF...

Sorry but I've never heard of such a 'pain in the arse' way of reaching Clients in all my life.:rolleyes:

Just thought I would let you know that I have a result by saving the file to jpg and then sending it as an attachment but when you open it the message is displayed in the email without having to open the attachment. Try sending it to yourself first to see how it goes. Yes I know it might seem a bit of an ask to do but I just like to know how and why things work, everyones different and I just like to know. Anyway I hope helps some of you.

Just thought I would let you know that I have a result by saving the file to jpg and then sending it as an attachment but when you open it the message is displayed in the email without having to open the attachment. Try sending it to yourself first to see how it goes. Yes I know it might seem a bit of an ask to do but I just like to know how and why things work, everyones different and I just like to know. Anyway I hope helps some of you.
wow! Andi, will deffo try that one.

I don't think this method works with all email clients. In fact, you will probably find it hard to get any method which will display automatically on all customers computers. For example- when I create a document in publisher there is an option in the left hand menu to send as an email and it converts it there and then and sends it direct to the outbox of Outlook ready to be sent. I sent one to myself and it displayed correctly. However, I sent one to my son's computer which has Mozilla Thunderbird as it's email client and that didn't display correctly. Also, if your customer has their email settings as text only then the email will never reach them. Maybe the safest thing to do is to send a plain text message with a jpg attachment with the fancy bits if they want to open it.

I know what you mean about working out how to do things though - I'm sometimes like a dog with a bone myself :lol:

Cheers,
Hazel

Latest posts

Back