Emails, true or not ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
Im sure everyone gets those emails that scare you about all sorts of things.
Recently ive had one about a date rape drug that can sterilise you and one about cola and there is one on here mentioned about margarine and butter, i also had that one recently.
Most of these are not true and just get sent round and round like chain letters.
If you get one, before you send it on check it on Urban Legends Reference Pages and this will verify the truth behind them.

Just to add that if you're still not happy with it's authenticity once you've checked it out, report it to your service provider as SPAM.

god i hate these sort of emails, they really p**s me off, i get loads of them of toms mum, im always sending her the link to the urban legends page or the CIAX hoax page, CIAC Full Hoax Index ,

but she never checks just sends them to everyone in her addy book arrrgggghhh @ MILs lol

I have that website in my bookmarks and like to check it from time to time.

I don't have too much of a problem with getting them though.

Just to add that if you're still not happy with it's authenticity once you've checked it out, report it to your service provider as SPAM.

This is good idea, however most ISP's (Internet Service providers) do not invest very heavily in consumer SPAM support for some reason. Also, if the email is forwarded from a friend as they often are reporting is a SPAM will not assist you whatsoever as if any action is taken, which undoubtedly there wont be, it will just be served against the sender and not the content.

The best form of prevention is education to the sender :)

Latest posts

Back