Embarrassing memories

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

novo

Reaction score
was reading through threads the other day about how we chose names and Bimbogeri made me laugh (in a nice way) she said about always dying her hair and it made me laugh as I rememer as a kid of about 13 (am a kid of nearly 40 now) i tried to bleach my hair and just put on domestos expecting my hair to be Billy Idol white??! Didnt realise that household bleach was not the done thing. Well my hair did not fall out fortunately but I stuck and burned and ended up with dry but the same brown dull hair sooo i then put on food colouring and yes yes I went out in the rain (lived in Glasgow then very rainy winters) and ended up with green stuff all over my face and clothes!
Just wondered if I am trully a one off dork or have you others got some silly moments to share?
pam xx

When I was about 13, my friend and I wanted tanned legs so we raided my mums make-up bag and covered our legs with her foundation! She was not best pleased to say the least! I have to say, it was very streaky, lol!

Eee, I have one or two :o
In a similar hair dying story, once I'd managed to get my hair blonde I decided I needed to lighten my eyebrows. I'm naturally mid brown, but luckily I have colouring that means I can dye my hair pretty much any colour... if only my eyebrows would match! So I used facial bleach to try and tone in my eyebrows. Mistake! I didn't leave it on for long enough, or rather, didn't bleach it and then re-dye to a 'proper' colour, so ended up with orange eyebrows!! I only went to school with them for a day, because I fixed them after that, but we happened to be reading 'My Family And Other Animals' in english at the time, in which there was a dog with orange 'eyebrows', so you can imagine the jokes I got....

I also had a friend once who was at some school event and her mother asked her, none too quietly, if she had wet herself! It turns out my friend had tried to use false tan, but hadn't done it very well, and had ended up with streaks all down her legs which her mother (a bit unkindly considering they were in public and my friend was 13!) assumed was something else!!
Lol x

Early last year I had light blonde hair, I decided I wanted it back to it's original auburn so promptly went and bought a deep red dye and guess what??? thats right I ended up with cherry red hair! This would have been great when I was 18 in my goth days (I had my hair blue, purple, pink, black, red, purple AND pink at the same time!) but at 31 it was a touch too much so I ended up at the hairdressers door at 9am and they had to dye it really dark, I'd only just met Chris so you can imagine his face when he came to pick up his lovely new blonde that night!! :eek:

Hey Jo Jo & Novo
... we have stuff in common apart from nails.
I too did the hair dying thing and used food colouring.
For me it was red that went a lovely shade of pink on my hair. I also used to white up my face with baby powder... it was the done thing to be pale in our goth/punk days.
I also got my moneys worth out of the food colouring by using it on my eyelids/brow bone. Everyone used to comment on the staying power of my make-up at sweaty gigs :biggrin:
Pity the same couldnt be said for my hair ... Id spend hours spiking it straight with sugar water :eek: ... only to come home with a mass of pink curls .. very Shirley Temple, lol! :o

i had a similar accident myself jo jo.......remember back in the 80's when it was the in thing to have really dark hair but a bright blonde long floppy fringe.....well i tried to bleach my fringe and it bleached it so much that it looked white so i then put a black hair rinse on top of it to try and darken it and my fringe turned a lovely shade of lilac.................i was 15 and babysitting with friends that night and my parents were in bed when i got home.....i can still remember the look of horror on my mothers face the next morning when she came into my room to wake me up for school..... :D

stanleyann

Hi,

Gosh i thought i was the only person who buggerd up their hair dying it well on my 18th birthday i decided that i wanted brown hair (i had always been blonde very blonde) so i dyed my hair the same night! and it turned out brown at the roots and green at the ends O.M.G i was horrified so i spent my 18th birthday in my bedroom sobbing my heart out.

I also dyed my hair one night and set it on fire by leaning over the cooker trying to light a fag!

Latest posts

Back