Emergency advice on lash removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilly

Reaction score
a friend had her lashes infilled on sat after pulling a lot out ( including her natural lashes ) the lady claims they are individual but I think they are cluster and look like some are on her skin.
I think she's had an adhesive reaction but as I'm a hairdresser and don't do lashes ( apart from lifts ) I thought I'd ask for advice as I think she needs these off asap but can't get to the salon until tomorrow afternoon.
Can she get these off at home ??

Attachments

• IMG_3143.JPG
    IMG_3143.JPG
    200.3 KB · Views: 190
She needs to get them off ASAP, I had a severe reaction to eyelash glue just over a week ago & my eyes continued to swell up & I landed up in A&E. Tell her to take antihistamines. An oily based make up remover will help get them off but depends how strong the glue is.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1479082556.628922.jpg
this was my reaction to eyelash glue

Oh my...this industry sure needs regulating! :oops:

She had to knock up a friend who does semi permanent lashes at 12.30 am to have them removed !!
She's hardly got any natural lashes left

Attachments

• IMG_3146.JPG
    IMG_3146.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 144
She had to knock up a friend who does semi permanent lashes at 12.30 am to have them removed !!
She's hardly got any natural lashes left

Was she not patch tested? [emoji15]

She needs to get them off ASAP, I had a severe reaction to eyelash glue just over a week ago & my eyes continued to swell up & I landed up in A&E. Tell her to take antihistamines. An oily based make up remover will help get them off but depends how strong the glue is.

Unless you are a registered health care professional and working in that capacity, you should not recommend anyone to take any medication over the counter or otherwise.

Always refer them back to the salon or therapist where got them applied or to a health care professional or pharmacist.

You not qualified or trained to recommend over the counter medications to the general public even though the client taking an anti histamine may seem the logical thing for them to do. It may not, you dont know their medical history and you don't know how bad the reaction is and they may delay seeking proper medical advice from a reg health professional due to the advice you give.

Please people work within the scope of your qualifications and practice.

And yes I am reg health care professional myself :)

Bless her! One eye looked like it had half a strip lash stuck down. Was she happy with the look of the lashes before the irritation? I'm curious if she had a patch test too. How is she feeling now they are off? X

Luckily her S I L is a matron and a friend is trained in semi perm lashes so she was well covered !
The therapist tested her but only the first time, this disaster was the 2in fill......she's half bald and won't be having them again, I'll do her a lift and tint in the future
Thanks for your replies

Luckily her S I L is a matron and a friend is trained in semi perm lashes so she was well covered !
The therapist tested her but only the first time, this disaster was the 2in fill......she's half bald and won't be having them again, I'll do her a lift and tint in the future
Thanks for your replies

Just re patch test her prior to trying a tint or lift she might have developed an allergy to the products or one ingredient.

We ARE becoming more sensitive to products - FACT.
I guess it's because we are over loading our systems with STUFF!- i.e. the client who 'Box colours' every other weekend!!!:eek:

With the use of fillers, botox, implant's, tattooing etc, who knows how this can impact our intolerance to certain treatments.

Always always patch test to cover yourself.
Beware of 'black henna' tattoos.
If a client has had this, I will not colour.

Latest posts

Back