Emergency advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whimsystyle

Reaction score
I've become salon owner where I use to work. Landrold stay the same but he owns the property not the business. He's doing massages at the salon and pay his rent.
Now salon use to be old, damp smelling & old fashion. Now is fully refurbished, clean, estetic and under new managment.
Now... one of landlords regular customer, previously had agreement with him at the old salon, to rent his room for 15% of what she makes. Room wasn't up to her service standars, she paid the lease to carry on treatments up to £200. I was very happy to have her. She does semi-permanent make-up, and it looks grand.
Where's the problem.
He tricked me into business conversation with her, where I wasn't preapered and my partner wasn't preset (as we do business together). He said she will pay 20% but she starts looking at the rooms we refurbished and no mention to his room. He wanted half of 20%.
Well old agreement was 15% and his room. (Not refurbished)
She still wants 15% but my room plus she can't declare full day every week as she just starting so there's no clients.

How you deal with this? I can't efford room being empty when shes not there and not paing the room fee. There are other ppl who can have it. But landlord doesn't upset her and loose the client as they're a bit richer (her and her husband).

What could you sugest? Don't want horribule atmosphere at work.

Thanks

You're no longer an employee but the owner, so it's time to act like one.
When the landlord tries to hoodwink you, you just say,
'No, that doesn't work for me. I'm not prepared to commit to anything without running it past my business partner first. I'll get back to you and let you know.'

Latest posts

Back