Emergency cracked gel nail bleeding!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMG

Reaction score
I NEED HELP!! I have a girl that had an accident today at work and has cracked her gel nail along with her natural nail and its bleeding!! OK it hurts she says but she is devastated and doesn't want to lose her long nail enhancement!!! (this is her only concern :eek:)
What do I do?...and they are french style I told her to clean it up, put alcohol on it and wrap it up. I also told her I need to see her nail first before I can make suggestions!! She is comming to see me in a couple of hours when she finishes work. What do I do, I have never been in this situation before....and I wasn't taught this either!!!! HELP HELP HELP!!!!

LOL Geeg, I was giving her a two in one thread cause that one is mentioned in the one I gave her too :lol:

Actually I did realize that, but I thought I'd save her reading both as it is really all in the one I posted. Hope she sees it in time. :hug:

This has happened to a couple of my clients, unfortunately, goodness only knows how they do it, as mine are super long and with kids and horses Ive never managed it!

Anyway what I have found to be honest is to get them to soak it in some dettol or disinfectant, once the bleeding has stopped and its all dried out, best for them to keep it covered until they can bear for you to touch it. Obviously using great care follow your normal routing to re-apply the enhancement. Geegs link is brill, but I have never used a glue, will look into that.

I have had a client come in with a throbbing finger, red hot and have replaced the gel and the finger was cool before she left the salon! amazing, just be extra vigilant with your hygiene and I always mention to the client that if they have any worsening of the injury i.e. pain or inflammation, they must call me and also consider phoning their GP.

Hope this helps, really don't panic. Most of us have seen this before.

xx

Hi everyone!!! Sorry I didn't reply yesterday damn internet!!! Well fortunatley for me she wont be coming in until Friday but I did advise her until then to be very cautious with her nail and to clean it everyday with hospital grade alcohol and a new bandage each time until she see's me!! She told me the bleeding has stopped and most pain has gone away!! I use CND gel bond so I will tackle her that way with vigilant sanitation (as we should be at all times)!! Thanks so much to you all once again!!!! Sorry I didn't find the links on my own I have been a salon geeker for a while now but I have rarely used the forum to know exactly how to search for stuff. I will let you know how I go!!! Kisses Jules:Love:

Hi everyone!! It has been a while since I surfed the site.The crack dilemma all went very well. I disinfected her nail as well as in the crack!! I dropped glue in it, gave it a little file SHORTENED HER NAILS AS THEY WERE EXTREMELY LONG!! A little makeup gel over the crack followed by builder gel and you couldn't even tell what she had done!!! Thank you all so much for your help!! kisses Jules:Love:

Latest posts

Back