Emergency - Please Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tickled Pink!

Reaction score
please please...can anyone help me.

My lovely 9 year old has just spilt red nail varnish over my brand new WHITE Paul Smith jeans.............!!!!!!!!! They are a cotton drill type denim.

What will get this out

I'm ever so slightly distraught... :mad:

anybody...i'm sure the longer i leave it, the harder it will be to remove :cry:

Noooooooooooooo. Why is it always white jeans that this sort of thing happens to? Is there a white jeans devil? OMG I don't know what you can do, unless you want to start a new trend! Try phoning your nearest dry cleaners and see if the can suggest something. Or send your son up chimneys to earn some money to buy you a new pair! (only joking!)

thanks sarah...not! Now why did you assume it was a son! it was my daughter and SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER than to riffle around in mummy's nail boxes! Half my fault, i obviously made her jump when i shouted "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!" But why my very lovely (and very expensive) jeans.... Anyway, up the chimney she goes....

Just watch that she doesnt get soot on them as well when she comes back down!!!!!!! Actually as it's your daughter and not a son, funny how I assumed it would be, she would be a little smaller and able to get up those chimneys quicker!!!! How much polish is ther. If it's only a little would you be able to dye the jeans a darker colour and try and disguise it, or maybe buy an iron on patch to cover it up?
Tickled Pink! said:
thanks sarah...not! Now why did you assume it was a son! it was my daughter and SHE SHOULD KNOW BETTER than to riffle around in mummy's nail boxes! Half my fault, i obviously made her jump when i shouted "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!" But why my very lovely (and very expensive) jeans.... Anyway, up the chimney she goes....

i would think that soaking the stain in acetone should disolve it, the fabric shouldnt suffer as it is natural materials and wont disolve the fibres like it would on a synthetic. youve got nothing to loose ! ;)

i'm soaking in acetone as we speak...the fumes are appalling but stain still there...
Did a search on google and wasn't too encouraging but acetone and methylated spirits were suggested. Is meths the same as white spirit...or is meths the purple stuff? I'm really going to find meths at 7.30 on a friday evening. Oh well, if there are any size 12 geeks out there that are only about 2foot tall, i could turn the trousers up for you and cut off the stain!
The worst thing is, i worked from 10 o'clock yesterday morning with my last client leaving at 8pm and thought, hey, lots of spending money for a lil shopping spree...now i'm sulking big time! :sad: :evil:

meths is the purple stuff
Tickled Pink! said:
i'm soaking in acetone as we speak...the fumes are appalling but stain still there...
Did a search on google and wasn't too encouraging but acetone and methylated spirits were suggested. Is meths the same as white spirit...or is meths the purple stuff? I'm really going to find meths at 7.30 on a friday evening. Oh well, if there are any size 12 geeks out there that are only about 2foot tall, i could turn the trousers up for you and cut off the stain!
The worst thing is, i worked from 10 o'clock yesterday morning with my last client leaving at 8pm and thought, hey, lots of spending money for a lil shopping spree...now i'm sulking big time! :sad: :evil:

Have you done a seach? I'm sure i've read a post about a similar, i think it was spillage on a carpet thow. But someone posted a link on that thread to site with lots of tricks in removing difficult stains in different fabrics.

Excellent link, really helpful tips, thanks for that.:D

thanks everyone for their help.

The offending jeans are still soaking in acetone -it's fading slowly. Not sure whether to leave them soaking overnight or put them in the washing machine. I don't want to 'set' the mark...i've nothing to loose (apart from my fab jeans.. :eek: ) so will probably leave overnight and wash tomorrow.
night girls and thanks

Hope u got stain out, if u haven't try to make a feature of it, the worn look is still in at the moment. This is the sort of silly thing i do. I had some fab therapy jeans (well expensive too) was doing my own nails and wiped the file on leg to clean dust of. the jeans now have a hole, and thinned bits, so I just took a file to them in different places and slightly ripped the bottom, they now look quite edgy! ;)

Latest posts

Back