Emergency - white patch running from face. Don't know what to do to neck

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JulesC

Reaction score
A client has just text me to say she has a white patch running from neck onto face. When i tanned her yesterday there was a patch on her neck that just didn't seem to tan. She's panicking saying its really noticeable & its a huge white patch. She hadn't showered at this point ask i've just told her to shower. Can anyone advise me - I've never had this before xxxx

Could be any number of things... perfume, make up, make up remover that's not been removed properly, medications, pregnancy (well... it could be...) or might she have touched herself with the barrier cream on her hands?

If she's a good customer then offer for her to come round and you can re-spray just that bit...

By you saying the area wouldnt tan, means you tried so therefore Its not your fault! so I hope she hasn't been funny with you about it?

tell her to come back to re spray that area, if she can't come, tell her to use some foundation & to stop moaning. x

Could be any number of things... perfume, make up, make up remover that's not been removed properly, medications, pregnancy (well... it could be...) or might she have touched herself with the barrier cream on her hands?

If she's a good customer then offer for her to come round and you can re-spray just that bit...

She's not pregnant & i did say that perhaps there could be a trace of perfume or moisturiser. She's a 1st time client but I can't not fix this. I want to do it but am unsure what to do. I used Nouvatan 12% - would you respray with that?. Or I've got an Organics Illusion which develops in 1 - 2 hours x

By you saying the area wouldnt tan, means you tried so therefore Its not your fault! so I hope she hasn't been funny with you about it?

tell her to come back to re spray that area, if she can't come, tell her to use some foundation & to stop moaning. x

She was really nice about it to be honest. i knew it wasn't my fault but I've never had a complaint like this before (I'm a perfectionist so i wouldn't rest until it was sorted!) x

Stick with Nouvatan - the other might come up a different shade and I doubt she's looking for that camo look ;)

Tell her to make sure she's exfoliated it properly - thinking about where it is t might even be hair conditioner that she hasn't been careful to wash off...

Does she suffer with vitiligo? You need to see this white patch. I had a lady in on thursday who I did a st Tropez spray on and she had white spots on her legs which wouldn't tan. I showed her the patches and explained what they were before she left.
St Tropez requires 2 spray applications instead of the usual 1 so when I did 2nd coat I could clearly see the tan wasn't taking on the white patches. Thankfully most of them were on the legs.

Panic over !!!! She's just phoned to say it looks fab after showering!!!! I can't believe how traumatic this last hour has been. Even my post title was manic!! LOL - i can only laugh about it now !!!! Thank you so much for your advice. I love this forum xxxxx:Kissing:

Does she suffer with vitiligo? You need to see this white patch. I had a lady in on thursday who I did a st Tropez spray on and she had white spots on her legs which wouldn't tan. I showed her the patches and explained what they were before she left.
St Tropez requires 2 spray applications instead of the usual 1 so when I did 2nd coat I could clearly see the tan wasn't taking on the white patches. Thankfully most of them were on the legs.

This happened to a woman i sprayed for the forst timelast night on her arms. Although I knew it wasn't my fault and something was going on with her skin she obviously asked what it was and I said it was maybe a pigmentation thing. I wasn't sure what to tell her, what do you usually say to them?

She had also showered with an oily scrub right before it!! I sprayed a prep spray on her but it could have been that aswell, although it was only on her arms. I hope it's ok after showering.

Latest posts

Back