Emigrating soon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LookingLippy

Reaction score
Hey Girls :)

I am just wondering if there any Geeks living in Oz or who have lived there in the past? I am moving to Perth in August and slightly nervous about finding a job in a salon there or even if my qualifications (HND) will be recognised, and if the brands are completely different. I currently use Fake Bake, Shellac, Dermalogica but wondering if these will be widely available over there? I have contacted Biosculpture in Australia to ask about training dates as I was told it is pretty big over there - I trained in NSI gel and acrylic and have never been happy with the products which has left me not confident at all doing enhancements, hoping BioSculpture will be the system for me. All my kits and products have already been packed ready to be shipped on 12 June so I am feeling slightly lost and missing doing my treatments, as are all my family and friends! If there are any Ozzy Geeks, particularly Western Australia, I would love to hear from you x

Hey Girls :)

I am just wondering if there any Geeks living in Oz or who have lived there in the past? I am moving to Perth in August and slightly nervous about finding a job in a salon there or even if my qualifications (HND) will be recognised, and if the brands are completely different. I currently use Fake Bake, Shellac, Dermalogica but wondering if these will be widely available over there? I have contacted Biosculpture in Australia to ask about training dates as I was told it is pretty big over there - I trained in NSI gel and acrylic and have never been happy with the products which has left me not confident at all doing enhancements, hoping BioSculpture will be the system for me. All my kits and products have already been packed ready to be shipped on 12 June so I am feeling slightly lost and missing doing my treatments, as are all my family and friends! If there are any Ozzy Geeks, particularly Western Australia, I would love to hear from you x

Me too :)

I'm lashes so can't help you with that sorry...Going to Perth also and hoping to set up my home business there.

Would be great to hear from any ozzy geeks :)

Hi,

I lived in perth for 5 years and heading back this September. I only did my cert III there and didn't work in beauty so can't be much if help there but if you need any Perth info pm me! Can't wait to get back.

Xxx

Hey there ( from hair!!) I lived in oz for two and half years and was last in Perth in 2011 , I know that they definately have dermalogica as I worked in a salon that used this in their beauty treatments , as previously said , any Aussie questions I'm more than happy to help if I can !!! X

Hi,

I lived in perth for 5 years and heading back this September. I only did my cert III there and didn't work in beauty so can't be much if help there but if you need any Perth info pm me! Can't wait to get back.

Xxx

Ooh, are you excited about going back? whereabouts in perth are you heading for? We are staying SOR near Mandurah at first until we decide where to settle permanently x

Hi,

Xxx

Thats great what made you decide to come back? What did you miss about perth? :)

I cant wait either!!

We (me and my family) stayed in mandurah when we first landed! It is lovely there. But we moved NOR and love it. I came back to do a makeup course in London, met my boyfriend and ended up staying. Sponsored him so now he can come back with me! Yay.

Are you girls going over alone or with partners/family?

Have you been to Perth before? I think it's beautiful!

xxx

Latest posts

Back