Emigrating to Kitchener Ontario!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I've been to Canada twice already, we went in Feb this year and we were there at the coldest time of year(-30 degrees).
We got used to it after a couple of days, but didn't like the heating systems there, blowing hot air at me did bad things to my throat and lungs!!!, also, whats with the water softners? My hair was soooo unruley for the whole 2 weeks! I wore a hat all the time so I didn't have to style it!!!.
It was a shock driving up the Horseshoe valley to ski at noght in a snow storm though, really scary, but I think we'll go in the daytime next time!
Anyway, can't wait for the friendly Canadians to be our lives, makes us happier anyway.

Sonia x

Just decided to pay Canada a visit January 8th for 2 weeks, gonna book flights today.

Getting excited now. Our friends that are out there chatted with us last night and re-sparked our excitement. Gonna go t Blue Mountain for a few days skiing, the kids can't wait!!!

Thanks for all your replys.

A very excited Sonia xxxxxx:)

Thats awesome! You guys will have a blast at Blue Mountain. Oh...I'm sure you'll be happy to know it started to snow today :cry: The way things were looking last night..it wasn't going to snow at all. Infact I was up at 5am this morning and it was raining but it was warm. Then...sometime between after 5 this morning the temp dropped like MAD and the wind picked up and then....along came the snow....and of course I didn't get ANY of the yard work done like I had wanted to. Well thats what I get for putting it off for so long :smack:.

Just to let you all know I've added you all to my buddy lists, so I can keep in touch......

xxxxxx:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Look at all you Canadian geeks coming out of the woodwork! - who knew there were so many hehe

I have to say that the Canadians are the nicest people I have ever met, so helpful, and so friendly. I have only had one bad experience with a canadian and actually she was originally from England so that explained it!

Awww.... that's so nice to read.:hug:
I've often felt that way about Canadians,
but it's hard for me to be objective.:wink2:
One thing I know, when I travelled to Scotland and England I always wore my Canada pin and got such a very warm reception everywhere I went.

On another note... Hippy Chick-
Like Victoria said, you will have to see how much you love snow after a Canadian winter!
Today in my area, we had our first snow storm of the season.
Cars in the ditch everywhere.
But the ground sure looks pretty, lol!

YOU LUCKY SOD

have plenty of fun while you there

:hug:Hi all you Canadians,

I'm looking for anyone in the Ontario area that I might chat with as I'm coming over there to live next June from here in Bristol UK.

Can't wait, but selling our house at the moment so can't book flights yet!!!

Whats the clients there like? They must be friendlier than some of the ones here!

Speak soon. PM me if you will.

Sonia xxx

Hey guys!!

Whew... its been a looong time since I posted. I traveled, I moved, I moved back.... I'm telling you guys.
Anyway, I'm back in cold Canada

Merk has told me about this thread, so I wanted to chime in and say "hi" to Sonia!
In case you have any questions when it comes to opening business or clients email me ([email protected])
I will try to check out this forum more often.
Now that I have Merk helping me I have little bit more time :green:

We moved in two weeks ago.Custom built executive house. Walk-out basement is going to be my studio and training centre.I hope everything is going to be completed in the Spring/08.

Hey Lana!
That house sounds amazing! Congratulations!

Merk has told me about this thread, so I wanted to chime in and say "hi" to Sonia!
In case you have any questions when it comes to opening business or clients email me ([email protected])
I will try to check out this forum more often.
Now that I have Merk helping me I have little bit more time :green:

She's such a sweetie.

Hiya hippy chick,

What have i missed? I need all the gossip.
Why the move?
Whats your plans?
Do you have a house to move into etc etc

How fantastic, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Jen x

Latest posts

Back