Employed/self employed in a salon? Wage help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alt-ernity

Reaction score
I'm looking for a position at the moment and as I'm new to the trade I would like to ask how wages or self employment works in a salon?

Do I rent a space or get commission or do I rent a space but also pay some commission? Its confusing me!

Someone please explain how it works for you? Or in general x

If you are employed by the salon you get a set wage per hour and they do your tax etc and tell you when to work.

If you are self employed you have to take the money, can decide whatever hours you want to do, have to do your own advertising and booking of clients as well as your own taxes etc. You then pay the salon either a set rate rental of the space per week or month or you give them a percentage of your earnings.

Is 100 a week a lot? I'm up north near hull c

I'm from Lincoln so not too far...... I take it for that price u have to supply your own products ect?..? If so that is still a good deal. I work on percentage split which is 55/45 the 45 going to the stylist but that is all in. But if the clientele is there go for it x

Latest posts

Back