Employee handbook: Help and advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zooks

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I am just putting together an employee handbook and think I have covered all the basics but would love your input on rules that you wish you had included!

I have the basics such as no phones on the shop floor, no chit chat amongst staff whilst clients are present, no gum and a whole load more but I would be grateful if you could add to the list!

Many Thanks

Zooks

Ah no one wants to help me and my poor frazzled brain?!

I honestly can't think of anything. You must leave a little gap in case you think of something to add. All the things I can think of are the things little Liv doesn't do but I'm sure doesn't do them because I'm her mum.
Do not leave washing up
Do not pay the Kim Kardashian game while your mum is talking to you
Do not cruise top shop website in work time
And so on
You can see why this wouldn't work for you lol

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

How you expect them to be dressed
Hair clean manicured nails makeup etc
Sickness procedure call/text by a set time
Use of computer for things other than diary?
Drinks and food on floor?
How to present things to salon guest, such as cup with spoon biscuit 2 white sugars 2 brown etc or just cup on saucer or what ever you do
How to answer telephone
Order of management - who is at the bottom to who is at the top so everybody knows there place

Hope this helps

Hi Geeks

I am just putting together an employee handbook and think I have covered all the basics but would love your input on rules that you wish you had included!

I have the basics such as no phones on the shop floor, no chit chat amongst staff whilst clients are present, no gum and a whole load more but I would be grateful if you could add to the list!

Many Thanks

Zooks
Hey zooks,
I am currently writing my employee handbook, I'm wondering if you could send me some ideas? Just incase there are a few things I may have forgotten or just not thought of.

Thank you xxx

I'd try this company they come recommended! I work here for my day job (spray tanning by night). we are a not for profit business which will give you business advice, support and protection, and its all back up with insurance. They will be able to advise you on all HR issues like your hand book and staff contracts. You will have to join the organisation but its well worth it for the piece of mind if you arent sure of HR issues, automatic enrolement work place pensions etc .... have a look at this article https://www.fpb.org/business-support/are-your-employment-contracts-date

Latest posts

Back