Employers, what information do you expect to see on CV's ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
I am starting to think about applying for a salon/spa based position as I would like my spare room back now and hopefully if I can get a local job my clients may follow me.

The problem is I haven't done a CV for years, and Im a bit stumped as to how much info I should put in the personal description and with regards to my current role of being self employed. Unfortunately I can't find my old CV so am very much starting from scratch !

I have been told less is more, is that correct ?

I am starting to think about applying for a salon/spa based position as I would like my spare room back now and hopefully if I can get a local job my clients may follow me.

The problem is I haven't done a CV for years, and Im a bit stumped as to how much info I should put in the personal description and with regards to my current role of being self employed. Unfortunately I can't find my old CV so am very much starting from scratch !

I have been told less is more, is that correct ?

Less is more for things irrelevant to positions you are applying for. A corner shop won't give 2 figs about every treatment you can perform when all you are asked to do is stock shelves.

So put in your last 3 jobs, dates and a summary of duties, housekeeping (it will cover cleaning and tidying own equipment at eod) etc...
If your last 3 haven't been salon work, then add salon experience in the area marked relavent experience.

No need for date of birth, or long personal profile.
You can get templates on windows for a cv. Delete what's not needed.
And keep it 2 pages or under. When I was a manager, anything over 2 pages or with a cover letter longer than 1 page would instantly be binned.
Advertised jobs being in so many cv's now days that managers and employers don't have the time to read a lot and will just skim, so make sure it's eye catching and has interest so the person reading dosent get bored and ignore it from word 1 xoxo

Latest posts

Back