Employment & mobile beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princess barbie

Reaction score
I currently have my own mobile beauty business with i started a year ago, I am now starting to get really busy & I am having to turn clients away :eek: which i don't want to do really.

I was wondering if any of you mobile geeks have employed therapists & how did you do it?

Thanks xx

i have thought this through fr myself and it is too much hassle,
1. you would need a full kit for the other person... or it would be them using there own stuff and having to give you money
2.trusting them not to steal your clients
3. my clients would want me to do it anyway..
it sucks turning clients away but it cant be helped xx

Thanks for your reply, I think I have to agree with you!! I just wanted to see if anyone had employed anyone while they were mobile but to tell you the truth I don't think i could deal with the hassle!! :biggrin:

:Love:xx

I don't employ anyone but I have a friend that I pass these clients onto. She also does pamper parties with me. I guess I am lucky as i can trust her 100% not to steal my clients. It works well for me x

Just a thought, but is there anyone you know through college you could pass some clients onto or that would like to come in with you on a self employed basis? Might come in handy if you ever wanted to take a holiday too!

oh yeah i have a friend i do that with too, we cover each others hols the best we can x

Princess Barbie, this won't help with your question but just wondered if you had any useful tips on how you've built your mobile business up? Well done to you!
I'm full-time employed in a totally unrelated job but would like to take the plunge into mobile beauty therapy at some point over the next year.
Luscious85 x

Princess Barbie, this won't help with your question but just wondered if you had any useful tips on how you've built your mobile business up? Well done to you!
I'm full-time employed in a totally unrelated job but would like to take the plunge into mobile beauty therapy at some point over the next year.
Luscious85 x

Hi Luscious85

I advertised on Yell.com, Its expensive but well worth it ( 75% of my clients came from there). Now i'm getting word of mouth clients too & my website has helped to ( www.kellysnailsandbeauty.com ). I only do 3 days & evenings a week plus alternate saturdays coz of my lovely young daughter but it seems to be working!! :p

I'm crashing this thread too, as I like the previous poster work FT but am also doing mobile beauty alongside it in the hope of making it my FT career!

I have the free listings on yell.com but what one do you have please as I dont get much from mine!

Luscious85 x

I work in a full time totally unrelated job as well in the day, 8am til 4pm. I'm getting to the point were I am really busy, out every night.....I advertised all over the place, Free Index, Adzooks, Yell.com, Gumtree. I have a website but i'm wanting to get a good one sorted that comes up in google searches etc! My only problem being is I need a guranteed income to cover my personal bills per month so I can't leave work yet until my loan finishes in 2014!! Looks like I will be stuck fast until that is paid off!! I want to leave work but i feel i'm stuck.....

I'm crashing this thread too, as I like the previous poster work FT but am also doing mobile beauty alongside it in the hope of making it my FT career!

I have the free listings on yell.com but what one do you have please as I dont get much from mine!

I have the one where you can put bullet points in & pictures, its also got a link to my website aswell. If you give them a ring then they can tell you everything you need to know, I found them really helpfull!

xx:Love:

Thanks very much for that, I may do that if you are finding that it generates more business for you. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back