Employment Opportunities/Space to Rent

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurieClaire

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I'm totally new to this site (btw, it's really helpful!). I'm about to qualify as Creative Nail Tech L & P but need some help/advice.
I'm located in South Wales and desperately looking for opportunities to get started, ie. job or space/table to rent. I'm fairly new to the area so don't have a great deal of contacts. Does anyone know of anyone looking to rent space or looking for a nail tech? Or where to look...I've looked everywhere I can possibly think of and more but....nada!!!! :eek:

Also, what do you think is better...renting space, being employed or working from home/mobile?

Sorry about all the questions but am really stuck! I'd appreciate anyone giving me some tips here - thank you!

Laurie Claire

Hi Laurie and welcome to this site,

I can't help you in where to look as i don't know your area but i can give you my advise on where to start,

When i qualified i started mobile and it just didn't work!!.... because i didn't have experience...

I then went to work in a salon, it was the best thing i ever did, as i was doing clients all day every day and i had as steady in come coming in to do more training.

I move up to manager in the salon and got experience with the other side of the business and in the end i had decided that i had gone as far as i could in a salon there was no more moving up so i decided to set up on my own.

I was employed for 2 years and now i have had my own business for 2 years as well, and i love it!!

If i were you i would work in a salon for a bit and the think about it, it is so hard to start on your own with no clientele no experience behind you and no reputation yet.

I hope this helps you xx

Hi Guys,
I'm totally new to this site (btw, it's really helpful!). I'm about to qualify as Creative Nail Tech L & P but need some help/advice.
I'm located in South Wales and desperately looking for opportunities to get started, ie. job or space/table to rent. I'm fairly new to the area so don't have a great deal of contacts. Does anyone know of anyone looking to rent space or looking for a nail tech? Or where to look...I've looked everywhere I can possibly think of and more but....nada!!!! :eek:

Also, what do you think is better...renting space, being employed or working from home/mobile?

Sorry about all the questions but am really stuck! I'd appreciate anyone giving me some tips here - thank you!

Laurie Claire

Hi Laurie~ You can also look in the geekbay under recruitment for employers looking for someone like you.

Hi Kirsty (Scratchers),

Thank you for all the info! It's really helpful.

I was kinda thinking I might have to go down the route of being employed by a Salon to gain the experience first which I am happy to do...but...I'm struggling to find work in my area. I've written off to loads of salons etc and hoping to hear something back soon!

Laurie

Hi Jayne (JDs),

I had a look in the Geekbay and there was nothing for this area, however, I am going to post something on there hoping that I might have someone contact me with a position available! So thank you very much!

Laurie

Latest posts

Back