Empty bottles & cuticle oil?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplepixi

Reaction score
Hi All, does anyone know where I can get cheap 5ml (or small) empty nail polish bottles, and a large bottle (e.g. 250ml) of cuticle oil. My intention is to give them to new clients as a gift, but I don't want to spend a fortune. I've had a look at the NailOrder website and they do the bottles for 60p each, has anyone found them any where cheaper?

Thanks for your help,

Laura

you can buy solar oil 'pinkies' from creative nail design - they make nice gifts for new clients

Hiya Laura,
I'm planning on doing exactly this. Nails Plus Beauty (www.nailsplusbeauty.com or look in the links section) has little bottles with a brush in them. Off the top of my head they are 0.8oz I think, which is around 5ml. They cost 55p each or £5.85 if you buy twelve at a time.
For the cuticle oil, Sally's do big 2.5oz 'bubble' bottles of a range called Beauty Secrets (I think) which are £3.99 a bottle and they have cuticle oil, top coat, base coat, ridge filler and something else which is blue :D that I can't remember. The cuticle oil is quite a pleasant almond smell. If you don't have a Sally's near you, Nail Tech Direct (nailtechdirect.co.uk) have 2.5oz bottle for £4.50 (that's INC Vat tho, the other prices are ex VAT) in either peach or cranberry scent.
HTH!
Lol x

Hiya,

Nailorder do small empty bottles too, they come in a variety of sizes and are quite cheap
HTH
Amanda

Creative do it all for you in a properly labled bottle with a VERY well known branded cuticle oil (SolarOil) that has been bottled in sanitary conditions, for about 1.00 per bottle fillled and in a display. Why would you want to go to the trouble of filing your own ??

If you factor in the time it will take you to fill them etc they would be worth way over a 1.00. Besides it looks much more professional to have properly packaged retail items or give away items. As a customer I would not be impressed with a DIY bottle of cuticle oil that has no listed ingredients etc etc. Always think of your image!!! I'm not sure whether it is actually illegal to give away or sell bottles that are not labled correctly with ingredients, weight, etc.

geeg said:
I'm not sure whether it is actually illegal to give away or sell bottles that are not labled correctly with ingredients, weight, etc.
I make my own cuticle oil and sell them, before i did this, i did however check on labelling laws, I now list everything that is in my oils (essential oils also have to have their botanical name included), although i was told that the listing of botanical names wouldnt come into force until april of next year.

If you are decanting say solar oil, which has listed ingredients on it into an empty bottle for the client to test it before they buy, whats the difference, they are getting something for free

Amanda

Lily said:
Hiya,

Nailorder do small empty bottles too, they come in a variety of sizes and are quite cheap
HTH
Amanda
Do Nailorder have a website?

Lily said:
If you are decanting say solar oil, which has listed ingredients on it into an empty bottle for the client to test it before they buy, whats the difference, they are getting something for free

Amanda
Why reinvent the wheel???????? What a waste of time and effort when it has already been done for you and at a very reasonable price too?

Designer Nails Solar Oil comes in 40 pack 1/8 fl. oz. for £38.60+Vat.......£45.35 all in...
thats £1.13 a bottle...........

No hassle in decanting it, a well known and well advertised Oil......favorites with the likes of Victoria Beckham aso..........

I include one mini bottle with every full set of enhancements, my price structure includes this...........
Also I don't have to worry about the legal side of things, labeling laws, ingredients laws, manufacturing laws...........Creative have already taken care of this....
Just my thoughts

I agree that Solar Oil pinkies would certainly be the way to go if you intend retailing the larger bottles. However, if you want to sell a different brand then you can make up little bottles for virtually the same amount of money. If a 0.8oz bottle costs 55p and 0.8oz of the cuticle oil you want costs 75p, then you are spending a bit more, but if then leads to a retail sale of the larger size whereas they may not have tried it before, then surely it's worth it? There would be no point in retailing or giving away a Solar Oil pinkie if you want them to buy a full size bottle of Mountain Dew.
On the ground of labelling laws, I think that provided you supply the ingredient list along with the bottle (it doesn't have to be on the bottle provided it is supplied with it - the clause was brought in to help hotel chains whose miniature toiletries are often too small to hold ingredients lists) then it's OK.
Lol x

Thanks every one, the Solar Oil Pinkies sound the best - I think I'll probably go with them.

Thanks again.

I bought some Creatives retail brochures and Small bags and when I have been to see a new client I give them a brochure with my card stapled on the front, a mini bottle of solar oil, an aftercard card and if they have booked a re-balance immediately a next appointment card with the file i have used on them in one of Creatives bags. Makes you look professional and shows them the benefits of Creative also :D :hug:

Why can`t we buy these in Germany???
We do not have these little solar oils, I would like to buy them..... :sad:

Diana

Latest posts

Back