En Vogue Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lin712

Reaction score
Hi has anyone one heard of this gel and if so what is your opinion please? Ihave been thinking of doing a conversion course with LCN gel as I was so impressed by it but am having a demonstation of this gel next week & I have been told that there will be absolutely no lifting with en vogue, its from Canada. Thanks
Linda

I have been told that there will be absolutely no lifting with en vogue
If you're performing prep correctly and not touching the skin with the product you won't get any lifting at all, regardless of the brand you're using.

Do you get lifting with your current brand of gel? Which brand is it?

I had a demo of this gel a while ago and it was really nice, lots ofcolourstoo....apparently it's akin to LCN, I thought it was from Sweden lol!

I believe theire blurb says 'virtually' no lifting!!

I know people go on about lifting all the time, but this is a beginner thing in my opinion. Lifting hasn't been an issue in my business for years and years and years ... I just don't even think about it where as some of you think only about it.

You want no lifting with most products?? Do your prep and procedure correctly and guess what???

Virtually NO lifting!! :lol:

Hi, I had a demo today,

It went on very good, Ragel was Lovely and very helpful. I was a bit concerned, when I asked her how to remove, as it is porous you need to file off, and she said dont take it all off as it attaches itself to the natural nail. Not quite sure about that.

like it because it didn't run when applied.

HTH

when I asked her how to remove, as it is porous you need to file off
A porous gel is a soak off gel, a non-porous gel is a buff off.

hth's

A porous gel is a soak off gel, a non-porous gel is a buff off.

hth's
Hi,

She said it was not a gel it was a resin and this is why it is so different from all the rest.

Hi,

She said it was not a gel it was a resin and this is why it is so different from all the rest.
That sounds like a sales pitch to me....:eek:

I thought gel was a form of acrylic anyway....and incidentally are we talking LCN or en vogue....i got confused...LOL:lol:

I used En vogue for my first 3 years as a nail tech, had the one on one training session and all..... it was okay, it doesn't soak off.

From what I recall, it's a 3 step non self leveling system, so pretty much it doesn't run all over the place (as a beginner, I had a heck of a time with it), then your final coat of sealer to finish the job, is self leveling.
I found the white (now remember this was 6 years ago) to be more of an "off" white, but now I'm sure things have changed as I've seen they now have quite the extensive collection of coloured gels. I also found getting the connector and sealer out of the small jars difficult and messy. (again perhaps that's changed)

I'd love to see a demo of the product today to see the improvements En vouge has made over the years.

IMO:
LCN has quite the extensive colletion of gels to make the perfect nail, so it's versatility is a bonus, but with all that product, the cost to carry it must be pretty high and in Canada here I found their pricing pretty "rich" but you do get what you pay for.

My perfect UV Gel system would be a combination of Brisa's system with En Vogue's colour collection. I gotta be honest, as versatile as those colours Brisa came out with are, I don't have that kind of time to custom mix a color each time and what a waste if nobody is interested in what I've pre-mixed.

So there you have it.....my 2 cents for the day.....
-Leanne

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back