Encapsulating hybrid gel polish with hard gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie276

Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know if this is possible?

So could you paint a hybrid polish onto the nail, add chunky glitter and then encapsulate with a builder gel. Wondering if the builder gel would adhere properly and last.

Trying to decide on brands, really like the look of ink London but am concerned that as it is a hybrid polish it may not be that compatible with certain nail art techniques.

Whilst on the subject would a spider/threading gel from another brand adhere to a hybrid as again different formula and currently I can’t see ink has there own version.

Thanks

I have seen people do it on Youtube and it has been fine for them. Never tried myself though x

I’m a bit confused why being a hybrid would be an issue but INK London have a variety of products that you can use. When I use chunky glitter over ILac I apply Clear Flubber over the top. In fact I use it to encapsulate any other nail art bits. I then finish with Rock Plus top coat.

INK don’t offer spider gel (or cat’s eye or colour change gels) but I have seen photos of othe brand spider gels used on ILac on the INK Facebook group so no reason why it wouldn’t adhere.

If I am painting any designs on ILac I apply a coat of velvet matte top coat which makes painting the design easier. I finish off with normal top coat after I finish the design.

Yes I have seen it on you tube Also which is what made me wonder as the ones I’ve seen are with true gel polishes.

Thanks for the tips, that’s great I will definitely have a play once I have ordered all my bits!

How do you find Ilac and any of the ink systems? Is it really good, there is so much tgb pictures on insta and they all look so polished and perfectly shiny with the dimensions of nail art on point but I’ve heard some not so great things about the product regarding allergies and nail issues and I like that ink London Is made in the eu and conforms to the regulations, is low allergy etc

Latest posts

Back