Encasing painted nail art with acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evi_nails

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want to paint a free hand nail art design and encase between acrylic. This design would also include glitter and gems and the effect I am looking for needs to be encased. Is there a nail art paint I can use to do this? I figured that I will not be able to encase polish so thought a quick drying nail art paint might work. I presume I would do : a couple of sculpted layers of acrylic witha a form, allow to dry then paint design adding gems/glitter, encase with another layer of acrylic. Any suggestions would be great! Thank you ;)

Could you use a gel polish perhaps cure it and then apply the acrylic on top?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had thought about that but I didn't think you were supposed to "sandwich" gel between acrylics. That's why I was thinking about using vinyl nail paint. Still not sure though. I will have to do some more research.

sorry I don't know the answer to that one, just a thought :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

No worries. Thanks for having a read!;)

I would use acrylic paint then cap with clear acrylic or you could use gel polish and cap with gel top coat. X

I think this might work better with gel instead of acrylic. BUT you can always test on a single nail and let us know as well?

Thanks guys. I will try with acrylic paint. I have already encased gel on gel polish but not with acrylic as I did not think you could do this. I will look into it. Thank yoouuuuu!:)

Latest posts

Back