Encouraging your other half to have treatment???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, maybe that's one time when it's particularly good to have a tranny partner? They'd almost certainly love to have loads of treatments (assuming that they were "out" and you were happy with them being trans)...

My husband is more than happy to have manis and pedis. He finds it relaxing and says he feels better afterwards. I gave him a mani this evening and he even let me do a fibreglass repair on a split nail. He said as long as I didn't encrust it with diamontes, he was happy to let me experiment on him for my assessments. :)

Well i have to say my hubby regularly gets,tweaked,plucked,and pummelled...LMFAO:lol:

I have also done indian head massage and can say that i had the same problem! My hubby was all up for being a case study but as soon as i sat him down and started tuning in to his chakras he was in fits on the floor laughing his head off.
Its so frustrating isnt it!
So basically i offered a favour in return and he naturally obliged!
I knew i wouldn't have to carry out that favour as he would be asleep after!:green::green::green:.
Good luck with it all hun i enjoyed mine so so much it really was one of the best courses i have done! :hug:

Maybe your chap and mine should get together lol It is really frustrating,especially when you are trying to be professional and act like you don't know them and they are just laughing at you!!
I like your theory hun :lol: that he would be asleep ha ha.
My 7 year old is more willing than my him. I did one on him tonight and he loved it.
Thanks huni..only 5 more weeks to go :) xxx

Hmm, maybe that's one time when it's particularly good to have a tranny partner? They'd almost certainly love to have loads of treatments (assuming that they were "out" and you were happy with them being trans)...

Oh Ruth I need to get one! I have a few gay friends and they are great, they will let me do anything on them. I really dont like this 'manly' thing these blokes have going on. It's just stupid :mad: xxx

Aww you guys all seem 2 have lovely fellas, I realy struggled at college cos I never had anyone 2 be assessed on :rolleyes:

I used 2 practise mani/pedi etc on myself but obviously that's not good enough for assessment!

I found bribing people with money helped (lol) but I also had 2 pay for the actual treatments I did on them 2 so it did cost me a bit...

Worth it in the end though :) hence why I went back 2yrs later and am going back again next year for another level 3... I think I am addicted 2 learning lol x

I found it hard to get clients to come in because they had to pay too. It was something silly like £5 for a full leg wax and they were all so tight. But do you notice how when you are qualified they are all queuing at your door for free treatments! I'm pretty blatant and just remind them of this one time i needed them :confused: swine's lol xxx

I appear to have the opposite problem!!

When I met my other half she didnt so much as even have her brows shaped, and her beauty routine consisted of using Tescos Body Lotion on her face!!:eek: The most she did regularly was shave her legs and bikini line (thank the lord for small mercies!!)

In the 3 years we have been together she now has regular, manicures, pedicures, facials, spray tans, brow shapes and tints, and low and behold even wears make up!! All because I convinced her to have a spray tan.....then asked her to be a model when I did my make up course!!

In actual fact the lovely Claire is one of my best case studies for how much beauty regimes can boost your confidence!! Gone is my sassy spikey haired baggy jean wearing lady and welcome to my long haired gorgeous confident wife!!

Wow babe what a difference!! Lovely pics! xxx

Aw that's so sweet :)

My hubby has hard cuticles and I offered to give him a manicure. He asked if there is any 'special' service that comes with that and I said, "I'll wear my little red bikini top" & he loved the idea. He soon found the manicure quite pampering and relaxing (+ he was impressed with my skill!) & his cuticles looked much better.

Now he comes up and asks me to give him mani's when I've got no clients.

P.S. his mates were laughing at him for getting the 1st manicure done... until they found out I worked on him in a bikini top!! ha ha

You gotta lend me that top :lol: xxx

My partner was the same when i did IHM. he refused to be my case study, and only managed to practice on him once, which he said he didnt like at all, but, did actually fall asleep so mehh!

That is what i said to him!! ...mehh lmao xxx

Aww you guys all seem 2 have lovely fellas, I realy struggled at college cos I never had anyone 2 be assessed on :rolleyes:

I used 2 practise mani/pedi etc on myself but obviously that's not good enough for assessment!

I found bribing people with money helped (lol) but I also had 2 pay for the actual treatments I did on them 2 so it did cost me a bit...

Worth it in the end though :) hence why I went back 2yrs later and am going back again next year for another level 3... I think I am addicted 2 learning lol x

In my training we did our treatments on each other for assessment. We used the e-file on each other and did the nail art on each other. We needed models to do full sets of nails (enhancements) on and for a refills / rebalances.
For practice out side of the training classes I gave family & friends gift vouchers to receive free treatments so I could practice. Receiving the vouchers made them more inclined to take me up on the offer. :green:

I need to complete 2 more on him but can i get him to bl**** sit there! He just keeps saying 'oh not tonight'

I wonder if you told him you will include another 'special' massage at the end of his Indian head massage, if he'd go for that?? :wink2:

Bless my boyfriend is really interested in my course - he's always asking what I'm doing and how it's done etc.

He was happy for me to use him as an assessment for facials but funnily enough isn't so forthcoming now we're doing waxing :eek:

He's got a bit too into it though and made me buy him moisturiser and exfoliate his face and give him a face mask every now and again when he's round at mine, he's such a laydee :green:

Our gay mates love a bargain treatment or two at college though :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back