Encouraging your other half to have treatment???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Sorry ladies I need to rant :mad:

I'm doing an Indian Head massage course and need to complete 3 case studies on 3 different people 3 times. My other half agreed to being one of them and I easily found the other 2.

I did the first one on him and he sat there laughing as if to say 'What a load of bo****** this is going to be' Well I proved him wrong because he fell asleep :lol:
I need to complete 2 more on him but can i get him to bl**** sit there! He just keeps saying 'oh not tonight'

Is it just me or do any of you have this problem with your other half?
My male friends say they would chew their girlfriends arm off to have all of the treatments that I do.

I'm just mad at the fact of you would think he would want to help me. He will give me all the money in the world to see me succeed but just wont have any blinking treatments :mad:

xxx

I find offering them something in return usually works-lol.
My husband has let me give him an intimate wax, back wax, underarm wax, spray tan. He would do anything for me if it helps me to succeed-bless him.
He really is the most un-vain person i know too so for him to let me do all that is fab. Bless his little cotton socks.

I find offering them something in return usually works-lol.
My husband has let me give him an intimate wax, back wax, underarm wax, spray tan. He would do anything for me if it helps me to succeed-bless him.
He really is the most un-vain person i know too so for him to let me do all that is fab. Bless his little cotton socks.

Ha ha I like your style :lol: I may have to try that LOL xxx

My hubby lets me do anything on him, I just did my wax course on monday and he let me wax his groin and bum tonight, and I made a complete hash of it. I am doing Indian Head Massage too and he's my case study, he loves it and asks me to massage him but I haven't even done massage. He won't let me do Hollywood Lashes on him though :) !

My daughters dad is usually my guinea pig.

He has been my case study for manicure, pedicure, body massage, indian head massage and he even let me make him look like a woman for my theatrical make-up course.

All he asks is that I cook him dinner in return, like Angelina said just offer him something in return

Well i wasn't thinking dinner!!
Oh god and all this time i only had to go to the kitchen :eek:

Angelina you do make me laugh he he and indeed i'm going to try this too!

Ive always tried to get my bloke to have a spray tan and he just wont for love nor money so I'm hoping the other bribe might work!
He is so pale and all and i know he would look even more fantastic with a tan and i know he would be hooked after having one. But he wont let me :( It looks silly because i look like an orange tinted buffoon and he looks like a ghost just don't match lol

I have also done indian head massage and can say that i had the same problem! My hubby was all up for being a case study but as soon as i sat him down and started tuning in to his chakras he was in fits on the floor laughing his head off.
Its so frustrating isnt it!
So basically i offered a favour in return and he naturally obliged!
I knew i wouldn't have to carry out that favour as he would be asleep after!:green::green::green:.
Good luck with it all hun i enjoyed mine so so much it really was one of the best courses i have done! :hug:

Siennasol do a practice spray that will wash off and doesn't leave a tan.
Maybe you could persuade him to let you spray him with that then you could see what he looks like with a tan but he can wash it off straight after. You never know he might actually like it.
Failing that you could try him a couple of times for practice sake and then on the 3rd time you could accidently get the solutions mixed up :lol:

Siennasol do a practice spray that will wash off and doesn't leave a tan.
Maybe you could persuade him to let you spray him with that then you could see what he looks like with a tan but he can wash it off straight after. You never know he might actually like it.
Failing that you could try him a couple of times for practice sake and then on the 3rd time you could accidently get the solutions mixed up :lol:

Good idea! Ill see if he will agree to this lol i doubt he will trust me though! Worse come worse ill slip him some pills so he doesnt know what on earth he is doing and will say yes to anything :green:

Only joking of course :eek:

Well after reading your thread about mixing the different tantrick solutions together then who can blame him :lol:

Ive always tried to get my bloke to have a spray tan and he just wont for love nor money so I'm hoping the other bribe might work!
He is so pale and all and i know he would look even more fantastic with a tan and i know he would be hooked after having one. But he wont let me :( It looks silly because i look like an orange tinted buffoon and he looks like a ghost just don't match lol

OMG, you just made me laugh so hard, cause it's the same way here, I'm all tan and my kid and hubby like so pale! Hubby's let me tan him once but he's back to pasty now and I'm going to try again over the weekend and I can't bring myself to do the kiddo, but I can't help but look at him and think, "dang, he looks pasty..."

Oh, and if offering him something doesn't work, you might try with-holding....a little lecture on why you're not in the mood might change his attitude! :)

Spray him in his sleep LOL

Spray him in his sleep LOL

Ha ha this is not such a bad idea. I may steal it for punishment. Although i did rest my arm on him once and the woke up with a big patch of tan...he wasn't very impressed to say the least :lol:xxx

hi all , when i was training, i painted my chaps nails ever night, he even let my fellow students come round and practice on him, he works on a building site, hehe. he helped me revise so much that he started learning all my course work. then at xmas i took him down to kims for intimate waxing, it was freezing, bless him hes been so good, i even waxed his eyebrows, and took way too much off,
hes a lovley man, hx

My partner was the same when i did IHM. he refused to be my case study, and only managed to practice on him once, which he said he didnt like at all, but, did actually fall asleep so mehh!

I appear to have the opposite problem!!

When I met my other half she didnt so much as even have her brows shaped, and her beauty routine consisted of using Tescos Body Lotion on her face!!:eek: The most she did regularly was shave her legs and bikini line (thank the lord for small mercies!!)

In the 3 years we have been together she now has regular, manicures, pedicures, facials, spray tans, brow shapes and tints, and low and behold even wears make up!! All because I convinced her to have a spray tan.....then asked her to be a model when I did my make up course!!

In actual fact the lovely Claire is one of my best case studies for how much beauty regimes can boost your confidence!! Gone is my sassy spikey haired baggy jean wearing lady and welcome to my long haired gorgeous confident wife!!

Attachments

• May Ball 2007 004.jpg
    May Ball 2007 004.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 43
  • claire1111.jpg
    claire1111.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Ha ha ha! Wot a funny thread n fab topic. Well, I have the complete opposite my hubby keeps pestering me for treatments... which was brilliant whilst training as practice makes perfect! I actually sprayed him stripy last so hes sort of left me alone now .... i wonder why....??? xx

hi all , when i was training, i painted my chaps nails ever night, he even let my fellow students come round and practice on him, he works on a building site, hehe. he helped me revise so much that he started learning all my course work. then at xmas i took him down to kims for intimate waxing, it was freezing, bless him hes been so good, i even waxed his eyebrows, and took way too much off,
hes a lovley man, hx

Aw that's so sweet :)

My hubby has hard cuticles and I offered to give him a manicure. He asked if there is any 'special' service that comes with that and I said, "I'll wear my little red bikini top" & he loved the idea. He soon found the manicure quite pampering and relaxing (+ he was impressed with my skill!) & his cuticles looked much better.

Now he comes up and asks me to give him mani's when I've got no clients.

P.S. his mates were laughing at him for getting the 1st manicure done... until they found out I worked on him in a bikini top!! ha ha

Aww you guys all seem 2 have lovely fellas, I realy struggled at college cos I never had anyone 2 be assessed on :rolleyes:

I used 2 practise mani/pedi etc on myself but obviously that's not good enough for assessment!

I found bribing people with money helped (lol) but I also had 2 pay for the actual treatments I did on them 2 so it did cost me a bit...

Worth it in the end though :) hence why I went back 2yrs later and am going back again next year for another level 3... I think I am addicted 2 learning lol x

Latest posts

Back