End of Purex Tables

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JuicyLucy

Reaction score
I have been off line for a while and sifting through my emails I found this from Purex (I did a search on this site and couldn't find it so I hope I'm not duplicating information)

Good Afternoon,
I have some sad news I am afraid. Please see the following off our website...

Announcement.
Following a review of our product range we have decided to discontinue our Nail Station product. We realise that this product has been popular and largely applauded within the Beauty Industry, so we will be happy to listen to viable proposals to acquire some, or all, of the technology involved.

Naturally, we will continue to support our existing customers for the purchase of parts and filters and we will continue to honour our warranty commitments.

If you have any questions please call 01709 763000 or email
[email protected]

Kindest regards,

Jon Young
Marketing Manager
Purex International Ltd

I know i got one too. I have a table and i cant believe they are going to stop it, they musnt have been able to sell as many as they hoped i suppose.

Its a real shame because its the best thing ive ever bought for my beauty business, its a godsend. I would be ill if i didnt use it.

i have one to and needed a new bulb and was unsure whih one to get so i called them yesterday, got chatting and asked why they had stopped selling them, the lady said that they had been bought out by a company and that company deceided to concentrate on laser labelling so the desks will no longer be sold, but will ontinue to service the filters and supply items when needed. Lady was v helpful and said she gets alot of calls asking to buy them even now, so demand may be big enough for them to return, lets see what happens there.Linda

i have one to and needed a new bulb and was unsure whih one to get so i called them yesterday, got chatting and asked why they had stopped selling them, the lady said that they had been bought out by a company and that company deceided to concentrate on laser labelling so the desks will no longer be sold, but will ontinue to service the filters and supply items when needed. Lady was v helpful and said she gets alot of calls asking to buy them even now, so demand may be big enough for them to return, lets see what happens there.Linda

I have a Purex Nail Station too. I have found that the bulb is a fairly standard fit, and I replaced mine with a spare I had from IKEA.

Hope this helps.

Eva

i think they sounded and looked a great idea I WOULD HAVE LOVED one but imho if they were about 1/2 the price they'd have flown off the shelves !

They were just to 'pricey' for me !

AMb xx

I tried to order one months back, and was told that they were out of stock.
I recieved the same e-mail.
Too bad, they are doing this. It sounded like an excellent item.

Hello everyone,
Yes, it is a great shame that our nail stations are unavailable at the moment but we are actively trying to rectify that.

This product is still very much in demand and hopefully we will have some good news shortly.

I would have loved a purex station, but with all the other start up costs of my salon, it was just too far above my price range to start with. I've bought a cheaper station and separate extractor, and would like to have a desk with built in extractor when I can afford it. Does anyone know of any other companies that do similar tables?

I have found the Purex nail desk fantastic and would be lost without it. Not only does it look very stylish but does an excellent job at dust and fume removal.

I really do that Purex can sort things out and bring them back on the market.

Eva

the college where i trained used purex tables

i think they are fab, i always recommend them to nail techs

i have been saving up for a purex nail station, i could have cried when i received the email:cry: guess it wasn't meant to be.

The purex nail bar is now manufactured by aircare limited please contact marjorie nicholson on 01925 269111 or 07803 284226

Good news about the nail stations peeps.
:)

I will find out all the ins and outs and get the information up on the web hopefully by the end of the week.

Latest posts

Back