endometriosis, anyone have this

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
Hiya,

Just have been diagnosed with Endrometriosis and cysts on my overies and am due to have an op on wednesday. The op involves putting a camera into my belly button and looking around inside to see whats going on. I am in pain and its like mild labour pains all the time!!!!:irked:

Anyone else had anything like this?
Sam

You're going to be having a laprascopy hun. It's not too major as it's keyhole surgery (day case). As long as your cysts aren't to big they can be removed this way and the endometriosis can be lasered as well. Recovery time is 3-6 days taking it easy. I had a laprascopy about 4 years ago and felt fine after about a week.
If they find things are a bit more messy in there they might go onto full surgery (laparotomy), this means a couple of nights in hospital and 4-6 weeks recovery. (just don't overdo it too soon like I've just done!)
The best thing for endometriosis is getting pregnant (it stops and usually reverses the damage), but it's hard when you're in pain and don't feel like it.:rolleyes:
Pm me if you want any more info. Take care hun, you'll be fine.:hug:

Hiya,

Just have been diagnosed with Endrometriosis and cysts on my overies and am due to have an op on wednesday. The op involves putting a camera into my belly button and looking around inside to see whats going on. I am in pain and its like mild labour pains all the time!!!!:irked:

Sam

My mum has this and sometimes is in alot of pain (dont want to scare you)! but also i have had 2 friends that have had the same op your going to have, one about 4 months ago and the other at te begining of the year, she had cysts on her overies and they lasered them off during the op. she said she was sore for about 2 weeks but recovered rather quickly and isn't in any pain to what she had before hand. She only found out after she had the coil fitted and it got infected.
Both my friends were really worried that they would have problems conceiving, but 1 of them is nearly 6 months pregant now.

you will be fine hun. hth

xx

I have suffered with it for years. Had 3 or 4 laparoscopies to lazer it, I had trouble conceiving because of it and the pain when I had periods was awful.

The best thing that has worked for me, and I was one of the first in Leicestershire years ago to trial the mirena coil, and its just worked fantastic in my case. It lasts for five years, and I am on my 4th coil now, and I have never suffered since, no pain, no periods, FANTASTIC. Have a word with your doctor about it.

The best thing for endometriosis is getting pregnant (it stops and usually reverses the damage), but it's hard when you're in pain and don't feel like it.:rolleyes:

I suffered from this from the age of 14 until i was 28 when i had to have a total hysterctomy.
sometimes it is hard to concieve because of the scar tissue that forms because of the endo, i was one of the unlucky ones and when i was 21 i had a miscarriage at 13 weeks due to scar tissue and was told that i would never carry full term the doctors wanted to do a hysterectomy then but i wouldnt let them as i wanted children. I was always in and out of hospital having laparoscopies and then they found that my cervix had eroded and i had cancerous cells which i had lasered but 7 years later i had to have the total hysterectomy.
Its hard for me as i wanted children but will never be able to.
But to be honest the fact that i am no longer in pain far greater outweighs not being able to have children of my own there are so many children needing to be fostered or adopted and also my hubby has 2 from a previous relationship that live with us so i am not really missing out.

Dont worry about the op its fine and hopefully they will have a better insight into what is happening with you and what can be done to control it for you.
HTH
:hug:
Jen
xx

I suffered from this from the age of 14 until i was 28 when i had to have a total hysterctomy.
sometimes it is hard to concieve because of the scar tissue that forms because of the endo, i was one of the unlucky ones and when i was 21 i had a miscarriage at 13 weeks due to scar tissue and was told that i would never carry full term the doctors wanted to do a hysterectomy then but i wouldnt let them as i wanted children. I was always in and out of hospital having laparoscopies and then they found that my cervix had eroded and i had cancerous cells which i had lasered but 7 years later i had to have the total hysterectomy.
Its hard for me as i wanted children but will never be able to.
But to be honest the fact that i am no longer in pain far greater outweighs not being able to have children of my own there are so many children needing to be fostered or adopted and also my hubby has 2 from a previous relationship that live with us so i am not really missing out.

Dont worry about the op its fine and hopefully they will have a better insight into what is happening with you and what can be done to control it for you.
HTH
:hug:
Jen
xx
:hug::hug::hug: to you.

hiya girls

not sure if you know or not but i run a support site for ladies with endometriosis all the girls are fab and really supportive
EndoAware.co.uk
I had to have a hysterectomy due to the disease and it effects people in so many ways
anyway hope the link helps
Deb x

Thanks so much to all of your replies, great to have that support around. I will look at the endoaware group also. Lots of people seem to have said they need several of these ops.....worrying!
Thanks again, realy appreciate it and will let you know how I get on.
I have my NVQ2 facial exams on Tuesday night, surgery on wednesday and my mani/pedi exams on Thursday!!!!!! Dreading it.
Sam X

Hi Sam :hug:

I am afraid that I dont know that much about endometriosis, but I just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world with your operation and hope that you have a speedy recovery.
Please please please dont worry about all your exams at the moment!!!! your health is far more important!!!!!!! You can always re take the exams at a later date but you only have one crack at your health, so take all the time you need to recover and dont worry about anything else:hug::hug:
Please let us know how you get on xxxxxx
thinking of you:hug::hug:

Hiya Sam

I dont have endo but I have had a laprascopy, I have polycystic ovaries/syndrome which is a living nightmare as im currently TTC.

The Laprascopy isnt bad atall, I am such a baby and was so scared before i had mine done. Its fine and you just feel a bit sore after. You will be fine hun :hug::hug:

my mum had her hystorectomy on monday. hope all goes ok for you.

best wishes. xx

My sister has Endo and Chocolate cysts. She has the contraceptive injection which stops her periods - she finds that this has helped with the pains.

We have both had a laprascopy - it's not too bad.
Good luck, I hope you feel better..... it's pretty rubbish isn't it :(
xx

Don't worry yourself about the op hun, honestly it is far less painful than you would think, i have had four of these,
i go in to hospital in the morning, have the op by lunch time, have a few hours kip then I'm usually leaving for home by teatime,
i am going in again at the end of this month for a couple of cysts removing, i will go in have the op and be back out again the same day, then back at work the following day,
trust me you will be fine :hug:

Hiya,

Sam

Hello Sam.

I had this for years and took along time to battle for treatment. Took about 3 years for the laser treatment. I had it done about 5 years ago now and I have been fine every since. Used to have the mild labour pains as y6ou describe and a dull kinda stabbing pain. Bled nearly all the time too. Now all it normal and I have normal 'girly' times!
Good luck,,,,,,,,,,,jus take it easy after.

Thanks all of you that have replied, its far more comon than I had realised.
Worried about the exams the day after the operation, but judging by what you tell me I should be ok.
Cheers Geeks.
Sam XX

Latest posts

Back