Enhancements Came Off Completely

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelemacca

Nails by Chele
Reaction score
Are you sitting comfortably ladies, then I shall begin.

On Monday afternoon I did a full set of pink and white enhancements on my step-daughter, I did my prep, applied and blended the tip and then realised that I had used scrubfresh after removing the shine. When I finished blending I used on her natural nail before Primer and then applied the pink and white as normal.

We've spoken everyday and she's had no problem with them, until I get there tonight, practically everyone has lifted to a point where they've come off.

I wondered firstly if my cock up with the scrubfresh had anything to do with it, but also, she's a dental nurse wearing thickish latex gloves all day over every day which makes her hands sweat quite badly.

Can anyone advise me as to what went wrong PLEASE :sad:

michelemacca said:
wearing thickish latex gloves all day over every day which makes her hands sweat quite badly.

:sad:
i read somewhere that excessive sweating can promote lifting tho i wouldnt swear to it - be patient as the girls on here are bound to come up with the solution - as indeed they have when ive had a problem

arent the gloves slightly dusted inside? if so it might contain lanolin of some degree- doubt the scrub fresh would,ve made em come of....

Sounds to me like:
1) You got too close to the cuticles, and sidewalls.
or
2) Your mix ratio was too wet.
or
3) The free edge was too long for her type of job.

This client should really be careful with enhancements if she wears gloves constantly. They can really hold moisture in and create problems, especially if she's having liftting.
Let us know how things turn out.

Latest posts

Back