Enhancements for hairdressers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
Now I'm based in a hair salon all the girls want their nails done :) I offer both CND L&P and Brisa gel. Given that the hairdressers hands spend alot of time in water, with chemicals etc which would be better to use?

I applied a set of L&P to the salon owner, the nails nearly lasted 2 weeks but within the last 2 days she has lost 5!! One was knocked off and I could clearly see the damage signs, but there is no damage from the others so assuming its either my prep, although the remaining 5 looked fine, or the nature of her job???

Am applying a new set for her Friday, is there any advice for me? Of course I will make sure that I'm super scrupulous with my prep :)

I have always found it best to use a uv gel sealer top coat over L&P I use gaze and go by NSI . After you have white blocked out any file lines and then apply your gel top coat. hope that helps

I did that, applied Brisa top coat had hoped it would help.

Any advice at all please?

She is my very own walking advert to all her clients, my potential clients, and I really need to get it right.

I'm going to use Nail Fresh on her this time too.

Being a hairdresser with her hands constantly in the water is the problem, let me explain why

Water passes through a nail plate nearly 1000 time quicker than skin. The nail plate can absorb nearly 60% of it's mass in water. When it does this, for some people, it can actually swell a huge amount.

If you apply anything while it's swollen the product sets to this shape and them seals the nail.

The nail then dehydrates and shrinks back to it's original shape and the product does not follow. Hence it's now not attached..,

This doesn't happen dramatically for everyone, but some are impossibly different.

I would suggest doing her nails at the end of her day off when they are not so swollen...
the amount time for this to be safe this can depend on several variables - mostly the individuals nail plate structure and porosity/ability to absorb and swell...

24 hours of only minimal water contact should make a huge difference

I try and always book lift prone hairdressers in at either:
the end of their day off
before they start after their weekend/day off

hth

Ive had problems with this also. I use gel instead of l&p and find I have better results. Everyone is different, so what works for one person may not for another. I also work in healthcare and I'm washing my hands constantly. I cannot wear l&p because of lifting but gel I don't have any problems at all.

Thank you so much guys :Love:

I'm re-doing her nails on Friday, the first of 3 days off for her so hopefully that will make a difference.

Think I'll try her with Brisa as well, see if that also makes a difference.

I would advise doing them saturday, Sunday or Monday before she starts

You want her nails dry and back to natural shape. Not swollen and moisture filled like they will be at the end of her working week...

Would this theory of doing after day off help when using a gel polish on the natural nails also?
I use Gelicure

Latest posts

Back