Enhancements on Awkward Natural Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michelemacca

Nails by Chele
Reaction score
My mother-in-law's thumb on one hand doesn't grow properly. As you look at the natural nail from the top the free edge on the right hand side doesn't grow at all, yet the left side does!!!!

The other thing as well is that at xmas she somehow got a serious infection in her index finger which went into the bone to such a degree that they were contemplating amputating her finger, fortunately they didn't, but this finger is now deformed and she now has a hook nail.

Do you think i should try and put her enhancements on or not even attempt it???

Thanks peeps, i know i'm asking for a lot of advice but i'm still a baby to the industry :biggrin:

michelemacca said:
My mother-in-law's thumb on one hand doesn't grow properly. As you look at the natural nail from the top the free edge on the right hand side doesn't grow at all, yet the left side does!!!!

The other thing as well is that at xmas she somehow got a serious infection in her index finger which went into the bone to such a degree that they were contemplating amputating her finger, fortunately they didn't, but this finger is now deformed and she now has a hook nail.

Do you think i should try and put her enhancements on or not even attempt it???

Thanks peeps, i know i'm asking for a lot of advice but i'm still a baby to the industry :biggrin:

Hiya There shouldn't be a problem with putting enhancements onto your mother in laws nails. Just remember to cut the free-edge on the thumb nail so that it is level and with the hook nail cut the free-edge right down. If the hook nail curves from the nail bed and you are going to be using tips you will need to cushion the tip with some gel bond so that you get a good fit.
Hths

You might find sculpting will be a little more successful rather than using tips. If you do manage it, make sure you take before and after pics so you can show how good your work is, and that's it is possible to have nail extensions with nails that aren't quite the norm.

Latest posts

Back