Enlarging font size on the computer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillian w

Reaction score
My mum has macular degeneration of the eyes(the one the government wont fund although there is medication that can treat it) she is gradularly going blind.Anyway she is now having trouble seeing the computer im sure there must be a way of enlarging the font size and keeping it large can anyone tell me how.
Thanks. xxx

There are a couple of different ways. First is to right click on the background and then click properties, this should bring up a selection of tasks like themes, desktop, screensaver, appearance and settings. Click on appearance and change the font size to extra large, then click apply.
Or if you click start then programs, then accessories, then accessibility, then magnifier. This will bring up a box at the top of the screen that had a magnification of whatever the arrow is pointing to, it will also bring up a settings box in which you can change the level of magnification etc. The magnifier is probably your best bet but it has to be done everytime you start the computer and if you click the exit box in the magnfication settings it will colse it aswell. HTH

My mum has macular degeneration of the eyes(the one the government wont fund although there is medication that can treat it) she is gradularly going blind.Anyway she is now having trouble seeing the computer im sure there must be a way of enlarging the font size and keeping it large can anyone tell me how.
Thanks. xxx

Hi
on the desk top

1. Right Click with your mouse
2. Select Properties from the menu
3. Select Apperance from the options
4. Select your font size from the drop down menu (located at the bottom of the window)
5. Save

hey presto

HTH :)

Thats brilliant thanks both of you.Was able to access a windows website from the accessibility one as well.Which will be of great future reference.XXX

Latest posts

Back