Ensuring prep for spray... Help?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HWilliams

Reaction score
I've done a search but not quite found the answer yet?

We offer a full body polish on a manual tan.

With regard to spray, would it not make sense to do something similar?

I understand that maybe a product shouldn't be used before a spray but would it not be useful to dry body brush?

Does anyone do it?

Do I sound silly?

Thoughts please

I completely get were you are coming from, its a nightmare relying on customers to do the right prep...

We have a check list by the phone and read that out when a customer books in, if they call into the salon we give them an advice slip.

I now explain what happens if they dont follow instructions... ie you WILL go GREEN if u wear deo/perfume and I even check on the day, ''have u got deo/perfume on?'' they usually answer no, and go green. But I cant do anything else, Ive asked repeatedly!

Also we have several girls at the shop and they dont all go thru prep when booking in, and alot of people say they had spray before and dont need telling, but I still tell them haha.

I am starting mobile, and I will ensure all my clients know why they need to prep and how, and I even want them to sign something as it is usually down to them why it goes wrong.

I find if you spend the time stressing important points out and the worstcase senario they tend to take on board what you say.

xx

I wouldn't really want to add another step in the process for spray tanning, its advertised as a quick and easy tan in 15 minutes (generally) although by the time the client has undressed and prepped herself and dressed again it's a 30 minute slot.

And no you don't sound silly!

Jacqui xx

Kind of went off subject lol,

I was told they need to exfoliate the day before and moisturise, then on day of spray, shower, no cream or shaving etc... think they want the dead skin to be gone and in good condition, pores closed, for day of spray, and no products what so ever on skin on day of tan inc it reacts. xx

I do feel silly posting sometimes LOL...

Seriously, thank you all. Just trying to work out the best way of doing things; prevention better than cure so they say.

If I get regular offenders of non-prep then I shall get out my tickle stick, I mean body brush ;)

You could always add the dry body brush as an extra-some people will like the fact that the exfoliation has been done by a professional and they will see it as more of a treatment than just a quick spray.
x

when i done my training with sienna x, the lady used an exfoliating spray first? cant think what its called though, sorry!

Another point to consider is that if you do offer a pre tan exfoliation etc, ensure that the products ie exfoliator/moisturiser that you use do not contain any ingredients such as mineral oils that could create a barrier and affect the outcome of tan.

But no, I don't think you're silly at all. These days I think we all need to be on the ball and offer our clients something extra that make us stand out from the rest.

Heather x

Thank you all x

Hi, I have just ordered a wipe that exfoliates and also balances out the PH level so as to give your client an even tan, skin PH levels can effect the tan. You could offer this and charge a little extra to cover costs and time.

I live close to you and have looked at exfoliating courses, the nearest one is in Wigan, its a day spa course costing £150 that covers exfoliation, body brushing and body wraps. If you are interested I can send you a link.

Hi, I have just ordered a wipe that exfoliates and also balances out the PH level so as to give your client an even tan, skin PH levels can effect the tan. You could offer this and charge a little extra to cover costs and time.

I live close to you and have looked at exfoliating courses, the nearest one is in Wigan, its a day spa course costing £150 that covers exfoliation, body brushing and body wraps. If you are interested I can send you a link.

That would be great xxx

Hello,

Not sure if you saw my last post but I am very interested... please could I have the link?

Thank you

H x

Latest posts

Back